or Connect

Posts by scurvyfreedman

I was hoping for a voiceover with the Bastard and Reek like the one last season with Varys talking to Tyrion.
I had tried on a 48 Last at Leffot about two years ago and actually had the size written down, but I never actually tried the size I picked. Tried a 7.5 narrow and an 8 narrow and went with a 7.5 regular width, which Leffot didn't have in stock.
Great news about the Blake MTO, though. I'm very excited. I just hope I got the size right.
From the AFPOS Affiliate ThreadI'd be interested in the Keats on a Handgrade Last in an interesting color like Oxblood (color #4) cordovan or perhaps this Whiskey below.
We should probably have this discussion on the MTO thread.
I'd go with the dark navy, but personally I'd choose the dark navy grenadine grossa.
I got mine at Barneys. SF posted a sale notice on the same weekend I happened to be in NYC for a wedding. I don't think Barney's carries them anymore. Half-priced. I was extremely pleased they had my size.
Here's my Somervilles taken with blackberry camera at work. Sorry for the overhead fluorescent light reflections on the toe caps. Very little natural light in my office.
I'll be wearing them tomorrow. They are truly stunning boots.
They are my local purveyor so they are very convenient, friendly, and knowledgable. Prices are comparable with C&J in NYC and Barney's non-sale. They do a discount for in person purchasers, but you also get hit with DC sales tax. That said, you can try them on as well, so the guessing game on lasts and size conversions isn't a worry.