or Connect

Posts by scurvyfreedman

Awesome. That's on my list for my next order.
I'm just saying that you should finish ASoS before they show it on TV. You can read AFfC and ADwD next offseason if you read it slowly.
E-mail Sarah. She does a great job recommending sizes for the various AS lasts.
Oh, if they were only my size. I really need a new shoe in oxblood and with MTO on hold, but alas my size is far too common.
More like half. But, yes, everyone who hasn't, should read AGoT, ACoK, and ASoS before next season begins.There's a package of all of the trade paperbacks together for those 3 plus AFfC. ADwD is supposed to come out before Christmas in paperback. Who the hell knows.
50 hours is kind of like my pace reading the first time through. It took me about 3-4 weeks per book reading 2 hours per day.
Well, I disagree that it was based upon attractiveness. She was loyal to the first one who treated her with respect. It made it more reasonable that her father was a Storm Lord, so Renly was her Lord Paramount. It was presumed by others that it was because Renly was nice to look upon, but that was not the true reason.
Her first loyalty was to the first male who treated her nicely. Renly danced with her. She was the ugly duckling and most men ignored her or mocked her. Her loyalty was because of fair treatment. While she became enamored with him, he continued to treat her fairly - by naming her to his Rainbow Guard when it was obviously not a woman's role and all of the others in his service were upset by it.She didn't like the Kingslayer, not because of Catelyn's anti-Lannister...
Well, Brienne is pure, but she challenges cultural norms both physically and "professionally" which makes her interesting.
Glad to have you around. We have a small band of book readers here who get into some fun discussions, some who complain there are too many pages with no content except spoiler tags who only want to discuss the show, and institches who wants to be spoiled.I opened the door earlier, so here are my favorite characters - both featured and minor:1- Arya2- Sandor Clegane3- Barristan Selmy4- Tyrion5- Wyman Manderly6- Jon Connington with a bullet7- Brienne8- Jaime9- Strong...