or Connect

Posts by scurvyfreedman

If there would be an option to do the oxblood Moore with a medallion on the toe cap for some and not all, that would be a terrific bonus. A bespoke example from Meccariello.Just looking for something a little different.
I have dark brown Alfred Sargent Hannovers from A Fine Pair of Shoes. Frequently great sales - they are an affiliate vendor. A few other styles in same price range. Hannovers are pebble grain full brogues. They can be worn with jeans or are dressy enough for heavier pants like flannel or tweed, even cotton twill. They have a semi-bellows tongue and commando sole, so they are pretty weatherproof. Good luck.
No Man Walks Alone has them from Scott and Charters. They are an affiliate vendor so check their thread for info. Very heavy knit and oversized. It's more of a jacket than anything else. I have a medium, and have a 39.5" chest and it fits big. I have two other S&C sweaters, both v-necks, one cashmere in medium, another in lambswool a L that fit snug, so this is definitely oversized. It can easily be worn over another sweater as a jacket easily for layering. Not...
Valar Morghulis is the truest spoiler
I tuck my ties into my shirt when eating lunch at work. I know I must look like an idiot, but to clean a shirt costs $2.50. To clean a tie… it may be impossible. A tie serves no function, unless it's as a bib. I prefer to have it serve no function.
ILR School 96, but I'm not wearing a blazer with Cornell buttons.
[[SPOILER]]
I have the Hannover. I really like them. They seem very rugged, yet still dressy enough for casual Fridays in the fall, winter, and rainy spring. I've never handled the Islay in person, so I can't do a direct comparison. The Hannovers are very dark pebble brown (called walnut pebble by AS). They look almost black when not under direct light but are obviously brown in daylight. I like that they don't' have speed hooks. Much easier to wear with heavy flannel pants or...
Have never looked for Hobers on ebay, but I could definitely take 55" length. Too bad I'm in the US and only have a score in the mid-20s. He needs someone like Spoo to buy them I guess (although Spoo's in the US), so maybe Malford. Given how reasonably priced Hobers are compared to other high end ties I never though to look for them on ebay. I consider buying them new to be a huge bargain. I can only imagine how little they would have to be on ebay to be worth not...
Thank you