or Connect

Posts by scurvyfreedman

How difficult is it to put a cripple heir off screen, hole up in Highgarden. It provides additional drama for Sansa too. Margaery would tell her "you could marry my brother." Sansa could confide in Shae about how excited she is to marry Loras. The Queen of Thorns could have said, "silly girl, Loras is too valuable to marry to you... you're going to marry my other grandson, who is the heir to Highgarden, but is crippled and can't leave the grounds. Mayhaps his tree can...
One can only hope Kevan Lannister returns as well. He was in his minor role in Season 1. I'm sure everyone has forgotten him already. But, with two of his sons killed by Rickard Karstark this season (should have been only one with the other in a prisoner exchange) and Lancel's storyline over the past two seasons, he's pretty necessary for the Small Council next season. A Small Council of only Twyin, Tyrion, and Varys at this point is pretty silly.Cool to have Ellaria,...
The Blake is part of the Handgrade range. We did a MTO to Exclusive standards on Handgrade lasts back in the fall through AFPOS, which has unfortunately been delayed. We can only hope it arrives next month. I wish I could show you a picture. Ours will be in oak, the same as these Ramsay's on AFPOS' site. http://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/collections/alfred-sargent-exclusive-collection-price-asc/products/alfred-sargent-exclusive-ramseyThe Blake is a shortwing,...
Unfortunately, his business model seems to be to sell his shoes under Herring's banner instead of selling directly to retailers who will sell to the market. I'm not sure what's happened in the past six months, but despite great products, AS seems to be running into problems.
Except AFPOS is an Alfred Sargent dealer. If they want to promote their own brand, one would think they would do so through their own distribution network, especially one that has developed a loyal client base in very short order - especially for its AS selection.I've gotten 3 pairs and have one on order. And my next choice, either through MTO or stock selection will be my 5th AS, all through AFPOS. Many on this site are similar.
Welcome back. Might we get a timeline on the Blake MTO and anything else still outstanding from AS. I understand that it's a factory backlog and not an issue with AFPOS, but if AS is going to do a MTO program of its own shoes through its own distribution network, why would it delay its own shoes by making shoes for Herring that mirror its Exclusive and even Handgrade designs for similar prices as the Exclusive line. It seems like they are stepping on their own toes by...
It looks like Sargent is cannibalizing their own Exclusive line by producing the same shoes for Herring. Makes little sense to me. But, it definitely explains why our MTO Exclusives from AFPOS are taking well beyond their scheduled delivery date. http://www.theshoesnobblog.com/2013/05/herring-alfred-sargent-1966-collection.html#comment-form
Some are book speculation, but with plot points that haven't been included in the show. Many are show spoilers because we've read all 5 books, so they discuss upcoming show events. If you haven't read the books, don't click on the spoilers.
[[SPOILER]]
There should be plenty more fat and/or ugly characters. But, it being Hollywood and all. Jorah should not be handsome at all. Magister Illyrio should be immense, but he was merely overweight. I can't wait to see how they cast Lord Wyman Manderly. He should be too fat to sit a horse. And so should his son who may or may not show up next episode. And, I'm wondering what they will do with Fat Walda.