or Connect

Posts by scurvyfreedman

[[SPOILER]]
Loved the nameless Merman - I originally thought it was the Smalljon at the wedding, but then I saw the pin. I think I need to make some pies. Loved that the Blackfish had to take a piss. Loved Roslin's scared look as soon as Lord Walder mentioned the bedding. She was in the know. Loved Bran warging and finally splitting up with Rickon the Osha. Loved Lady Cat bargaining with Lady Frey's life in the balance instead of Jinglebell. Hated that it wasn't "Jaime...
I agree about AFPOS. Always professional. Very experienced with sizing and lasts. And always very patient with my purchases- 3 so far plus the MTO. Plus, extremely fast service to the US.
I don't think there's any fear with the production models. They are generally up to very high standards.It's the MTO shoes that people are concerned about. AS has missed deadline after deadline and with previous shoes, when delivering late, it seems like they cut corners to get it done quickly, albeit months after promised.Considering a few of us were promised shoes in March back in October/November and with June now upon us, the fear mounts as reports of previous rush...
My official prediction of best omitted line from this week's episode: [[SPOILER]]
How difficult is it to put a cripple heir off screen, hole up in Highgarden. It provides additional drama for Sansa too. Margaery would tell her "you could marry my brother." Sansa could confide in Shae about how excited she is to marry Loras. The Queen of Thorns could have said, "silly girl, Loras is too valuable to marry to you... you're going to marry my other grandson, who is the heir to Highgarden, but is crippled and can't leave the grounds. Mayhaps his tree can...
One can only hope Kevan Lannister returns as well. He was in his minor role in Season 1. I'm sure everyone has forgotten him already. But, with two of his sons killed by Rickard Karstark this season (should have been only one with the other in a prisoner exchange) and Lancel's storyline over the past two seasons, he's pretty necessary for the Small Council next season. A Small Council of only Twyin, Tyrion, and Varys at this point is pretty silly.Cool to have Ellaria,...
The Blake is part of the Handgrade range. We did a MTO to Exclusive standards on Handgrade lasts back in the fall through AFPOS, which has unfortunately been delayed. We can only hope it arrives next month. I wish I could show you a picture. Ours will be in oak, the same as these Ramsay's on AFPOS' site. http://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/collections/alfred-sargent-exclusive-collection-price-asc/products/alfred-sargent-exclusive-ramseyThe Blake is a shortwing,...
Unfortunately, his business model seems to be to sell his shoes under Herring's banner instead of selling directly to retailers who will sell to the market. I'm not sure what's happened in the past six months, but despite great products, AS seems to be running into problems.
Except AFPOS is an Alfred Sargent dealer. If they want to promote their own brand, one would think they would do so through their own distribution network, especially one that has developed a loyal client base in very short order - especially for its AS selection.I've gotten 3 pairs and have one on order. And my next choice, either through MTO or stock selection will be my 5th AS, all through AFPOS. Many on this site are similar.