or Connect

Posts by scurvyfreedman

Three of the six released teaser chapters or summaries of chapters he's read at various cons were originally included in ADwD and were taken out for space constraints and to leave the Mereen story as a cliffhanger. I think the two involving Dorne and the one in the North were completely new. I'm not sure though. It's a very slow process due to so many overlapping storylines.
I agree that it was a useful device to describe the foods in the specific regions to differentiate them and also to describe circumstances. Bran, Hodor, and the Reeds eating only acorn paste for about an entire book was pretty difficult when others were feasting with such grandeur and those on the Wall were preparing salted meats for the Winter but eating so sparingly in order to maintain their stocks.
He looks like a guy who eats lamprey pies, swans in full plumage, Quails drowned in Butter, Trout wrapped in Bacon, salad of greens, with pease and onions, Auroch w/Roasted Leeks,Rack of Lamb in Garlic-herb Crust, Dornish Duck with lemons, Wild Boar, Grilled Snake - with fiery mustard sauce, Sister’s Stew - thick with leeks, carrots, barley, and turnips white and yellow, along with clams and chunks of cod and crabmeat, swimming in a stock of heavy cream and butter, and in...
He's about 1/4 of the way done with Winds of Winter. That said, he spent most of the past three years, since ADwD was completed writing other things like show episodes, side projects, and editing his friends' work. And, almost all of that quarter is the untying of Mereenese knot that he didn't include in ADwD due to length constraints. I expect it will be released in 2-3 years when they are in the first season of AFfC and ADwD or when ADwD is completed onscreen. That...
[[SPOILER]]
[[SPOILER]]
Dark red grossa. Finally figured out how to get some detail of the weave in an iphone photo. Needed to face the window on a brighter day.
A Lannister Honeypot.
I just did an interview along with two colleagues and ASoIaF (GoT) fans with an NPR producer. I'll let everyone know when it's to air and if there's a direct link to the story. About how TV fandom discussions are more intelligent now, mostly because TV is more intelligent now.
Jaime Lannister sends his regards. [[SPOILER]]