or Connect

Posts by scurvyfreedman

duplicate post
You missed a lot of countries I usually purchase from: Great Britain and Ireland in addition to Italy, France, and the US.
Here are the Blake in a 7.5 on the 48 and the Moore in an 8 on the 724.Both from AFPOS. The Moore in burgundy - in stock on the site. The Blake in burnished oak and finished to exclusive standard, not handgrade. I really like the deep color of the burnished oak toe cap. Just got back from a trip and haven't swapped out my travel trees.I said I prefer the 724, but that's really because it fits better on my foot. The shape of the 48 is slightly more pleasing to my eye.
I'll post when I get home. The G&Gs aren't mine. Unfortunately. I just collect pics of Adelaides. I have C&Js Westbournes and the two AS above.
I just bought the Moore in burgundy. I had been asking for something more unique for years, but when AFPoS put out the Moore in burgundy I was all in right away. A few years ago we did the Blake in burnished Oak on a choice of lasts. I got the 48. It's a nice shoe, but I actually like the 724 last better. I think the shoe would have looked better without a cap and with a medallion on the toe. That would have been awesome.The ones you pictured are not the standard...
Looks great. I haven't gotten my shipping notification yet.
I always love the look of whole cuts before they crease. So clean.Yours look great.
Since the reboot, the Exclusive line has always been their standard RTW styles. They have a lower line that they make under private labels without the Exclusive sole, and perhaps other internal quality reductions.I haven't seen the hand grades as RTW styles anywhere since Leffot stopped stocking them. I believe they are now just MTO. I imagine you can order them through any AS retailer, but I don't' know.
i went with an 8 in the 724 last. I wear a 7.5 in the 87 and 48 lasts and an 8 in the 99 last. FWIW I wear a 7.5 in the C&J 348 an 8 in the 363 and an 8.5 in the Alden Hampton last.With a chisel it's hard to tell if I could have gone down a size or not. Sarah at AFPoS recommended the 8 based upon my other shoes from AS. I have a little heel slip right now, but I've only worn them twice so far and once the sole breaks in that usually goes away.
I'm an 8.5 in Alden's Hampton last and 7.5 in the C&J 348. I wear an 8 in the 99 AS last. It's a little roomier than some of my shoes, but my foot is definitely not sliding around. The roominess could be because its a blucher (Charlton) not an oxford. Then, again, I'd say my Alden Hampton lasted shoes are a little roomy too. I may be comparing them to my shoes that have a tighter waist - like the AS 724, C&J 363, and AS 48.