or Connect

Posts by scurvyfreedman

Strong Belwas shits in Daario's general direction. Hate Daario having a bigger role. Hate the exclusion of Strong Belwas. Hate hate the minimizing Ser Barristan's role. Great episode.
[[SPOILER]]
One of. There's also the question of whether one or another particular character is Azor Ahai reborn/The Prince* Who was Promised. One of those two along with Bran will be most important.There's a lot of important back story told through Bran's chapters by Meera and Jojen especially about the Tourney at Harenhall. I'm not sure why they passed that up. Plus having Ser Barristan tell the other side of the story and even Jaime telling his version of Harenhall make it all...
The problem w Dany on the show is that Ser Barristan is a prop and not telling the stories about Rhaegar in disguise or otherwise and that the prophesies are ignored.The problem w Dany in the books is that the plot moves so slowly and she becomes more and more passive. If not for Ser Granfather I'd probably skip her chapters altogether and be happier for it.
If Daenerys says, "I'm only a young girl and don't know the ways of" fill in the remainder of the sentence, I will likely skip the rest of her chapter. Nothing tweaks me more than her chapters, unless it's Ser Barristan telling a story.
Come on. She's been in what- two chapters and an epilogue or is only one chapter? She's not a character enough to be the most annoying.
I'm guessing it will be drawn out a bit more. Mayhaps it will be the episode entailed the Laws of Gods and Men. I think that's the 6th this season.
I'm 5'7" w a 16.25" neck and I wear 55." Our torso lengths and where we wear our trousers may not be identical, but I would not balk if you followed the instructions on the site. BTW I started w 3.5" wide and after several orders reduced to 3 3/8".
AFfC is better the second time around. The first time, with all the new POV characters, is jarring. You don't know them and the characters you want to hear from aren't' present. It makes the book grind in the Iron Isles and Dorne for the most part. ADwD, at least, brings back a lot of the characters you want to read, even if they are not at their best. One of them isn't quite as frequent, but those chapters have terrific pay off in both books.
It's pretty well spelled out by a non-pov character. But that character may wish to seem all powerful to his audience so there are general caveats.