or Connect

Posts by scurvyfreedman

Now that they are completely off the page the writers have no idea where they are going or what the characters' personalities are like. It's a joke at this point. The High Septon is pretty good. The only enhanced character in the show this season. Everyone else is either two or three notches below their book version. Except Sansa who is a completely different character. But, she's so bad in the book that they had to do something different. Im not saying this version...
Thanks for all the suggestions for socks. I'll try them a couple and see what works best.
Just got my navy pair. I've never needed a shoe horn with sneakers before. They're a little tight on my forefeet. I have flat feet so many that's a factor. Any recommendations for no-show socks. My no shows are quite a show in these sneakers.
Once they decided to completely deviate from the source material, I think they lost their hook. It's why the story is mediocre. They are great adapters and fine show runners, but they don't do plot and twists well.George has said that Winds of Winter will contain a very disturbing scene with Sansa. A lot have speculated it will be a rape scene. I guess the show may now be a spoiler. But, the rapist will be different. [[SPOILER]]
Maybe it was the end of Season 1. She is in Robb's war council and afterward says that she should return to Winterfell to be with Bran and Rickon. They need their mother. Robb says, no, I need you here as my advisor. In the books, the exact opposite takes place. Robb tries to send her back to be the type-cast mother figure, but she insists that she stay in the war as his right hand b/c that's more important. They reversed the lines to make her weak and archetypal...
]Not sure Tyrion is a claimant to the Iron Throne and Renly could have marched on King's Landing, but he was more interested in parades than fighting even though he was reputed as a great warrior. Not his sexual orientation that tainted him, rather that he wasn't doing the best strategic thing, nor was he the correct claimant in Baratheon hierarchy.FWIW, I consider Jon Connington to be the best Hand (no pun intended) where the books currently stand.
I think it's just a mustache and big ears that stick out.
I've supported Stannis from the moment I met him - among the claimants to the Iron Throne. He's a serious candidate. Much more so than Dany or the others engaged in the War of the Five Kings.Donal Noye, the blacksmith for the Night's Watch said, “Robert was the true steel. Stannis is pure iron, black and hard and strong, yes, but brittle, the way iron gets. He'll break before he bends. And Renly, that one, he's copper, bright and shiny, pretty to look at but not worth...
Very excited. Happy to have preordered navy. Now wishing I had ordered either saddle or mocha as well. I'll test the size and maybe I'll go for another if they still are in stock.
Not completely crap. Stannis correcting grammar was great. And Fat Walda. The rest was crap.