or Connect

Posts by thinksyncopated

I contacted Charly and let him know what is going on at SF. This was his reply: "I've let Drew know and he said he'd post."
Does anyone else get the feeling that TOJ's policy to buy spots from people further distances themselves from responsibility?
Added my orders as well. Starting to have more of a bad feeling about this every day.
When is the last time some received a jacket? Going to assume it was posted here, although I guess it could easily have not been.
It's some kind of confirmation bias. Those of us who have paid for or bought into spots want to believe that we have spent our money well and will get these products eventually. But it's really unnerving that they have all the money in full and - what if they just disappear and no one ever hears back from them? I don't want to imagine that, but of course, anything is possible. I also agree that the most frustrating part of all of this is the lack of communication. If Drew...
Very close to what I'm thinking, but I don't think they are doing the 2013DR? My thinking is, if I ever want a rugged calf DR in the future, I'll go with the Vanson/SF one or a Schott.I appreciate all the replies! I realize it's all so subjective, like saying, "what should I order at Chipotle?" Everyone's gonna do their own thing.But definitely some food for thought. I don't the calf/lamb on the quilted is much of a concern, and, in reply to @masshii - I'm not going to be...
I may have gone mad, but picked up 3 TOJ spots in the past few weeks. I'm thinking: 1.) Black Lamb Quilted Double Rider 2.) Navy Calf 2010 Double Rider 3.) Black Lamb CWU-45 (ribbed collar, no suede name patch) I keep thinking I should get a brown jacket too, and the one that seems to get crossed off the list first is the navy calf double rider (although it seems like such a unique mockup - something I would just never be able to get anywhere else). The alternative would...
Thanks for the thoughtful reply (and I'm a big fan of your blog!)Agree with you regarding your first point. In regards to the second, that's not something I really thought about - the relationship between the shoulder width and the waist. I don't know why, but I feel like I've always tried to make sure the blazers/suit jackets I wear hit right at the shoulder bones (which tends to look good on me). Not a hard and fast rule, but I essentially wanted to know if that was...
So, sidestepping the unnecessary beef above - a question for all about sizing/measurements! Specifically, shoulders, which seem to make or break fit. It seems like in 90% of the photos I see in the gallery, the seams seem (no pun intended) to slope off the shoulder bone. I don't know why, but I always felt like the seam should hit exactly at the shoulder joint. See here for what I personally feel like is too wide on the shoulders and here for what I feel like is a good...
Question about the suiting wool MA-1, for those that have it - how warm is the jacket it? Usable as an NYC winter jacket, with some layering? Can't really tell based on the photos.