or Connect

Posts by miran

You keep evading whether you are Iranian, Afghan, or something else...but assuming you are Iranian/persian:I know this is a fashion thread, but off topic--The most important island is "Delos"...a rock smack in the middle of the Aegeo. It was sacred to Apollon, the only god shared by all the Greeks, so it was chosen as a center of Greek operations against the Persian threat. The only time the Greeks were united was to fight off the Persians. They formed the "Delian...
You can joke, and this is a running joke in European newspapers..but to Greeks, this is a stinging insult...you can mock the debt, but not selling the islands to pay for the debt...Since you mentioned Cyprus earlier, I guess you know soemthing about the islands."Enosis" in Greek means "re-bringing together", and its the dream of reuniting all the islands that were part of the ancient Hellenic world and remained Greek majority with the modern Greek state. This effort has...
OK, but this is how I am told it works, if you are a rich Brazilian...and I was told this by a rich Brazilian:If you are rich and Brazilian, you buy a 300-series BMW and it costs you what it costs to buy a Maserati Quattroporte in Germany, or somethign like that. MOst of the money goes toward taxes on the purchase, that is to the government.But you are a rich Brazilian, means you work in the government, you are in the government.So the tax money goes to the...
Your wife was right about one thing though...this place is full of useful information, about the Mr Porter sales site...I saw several posts were made, when items that had been listed as SOLD OUT at sales prices resurfaced again...I don't think the alert option is available on Mr Porter's site, but if styleforum started an alert service, I'd be all attention...
Do not be ridiculous. Who uses desktops this day in age?
I don't live in Greece and I don't want to live there. But to be fair I'd rather live in Greece than Brazil. Greece is in trouble with its creditors, but we don't have the social and socio-economic problems of Brazil or the humungous divide between rich and poor. If I was rich like Ivwrii though, I'd live in Brazil...in my gated enclave....but if I am an average Joe, no way.
Don't be ridiculous!
How many times--three of us can share a network and a terminal, you know...this is a desk after all.Anyways, that doesn't matter. I am tired of making complaints about other members, none of which even get a slap on the wrist. I am very upset about this.
Yes, it is a complicated and hypocritical world.America bashing is a cool-people hobby. But the truth is the average American is a lot less prejudiced and a lot less hypocritical. French are the worst, followed very closely by Spanish. the most racist, the most hypocritical. But France is over-run with North Africans and has a very serious mal-integration problem, but that is their own doing. Other places aren't so fucked up. Germans aren't too bad. I lived in...
I lived in Massachusetts.I take my generalisation back and I apologise. I was just so enraged I missed the Mr Porter sale, which blatantly favoured US time zones with its opening time...how can people clean out a site so fast?