or Connect

Posts by AlarmGuy79

So I will be officiating a very good friends wedding in the coming months. My friend has informed me that I am free to choose what to wear, I can dress as the groomsmen, that will be wearing a khaki suit, or a traditional navy or grey suit or something to my liking. The groom will be wearing a tan seersucker suit and the wedding is the first weekend of May. What do you all recommend for such a special occasion and a special honor? If I had not been selected to be the...
Loved every moment and am still active as an alum. As many others have said, most of my closest friends 10 years after graduation are Brothers from my Fraternity, spanning different time periods due to a shared experience. Regarding your major, we had several Ocean Engineering majors that did EXTREMELY well. We had others who let the experience become their life and did quite poorly. Focus on your grades, find a balance but be sure to be active for the...
Isle of Jura 10 yo.
Quote: Originally Posted by jussumguy this is gonna be a shot in the dark, but a few months ago I went to a scotch bar and asked the bartender for whatever he recommended. I don't know if it was because I already had a few Glenlivets in me, but this was the best scotch I ever had (granted I haven't had all that many). Unfortunately all I remember about it is that it had a distinct butterscotch flavor and I'm pretty sure the bartender said it was called...
Quote: Originally Posted by airportlobby I'll put the HP, Ardbeg and Laphroiags on my pickup list. I tried a cheap stopgap to add a little experience - Bowmore Legend. I like the peat, but it doesn't have the fire or depth I like in the Macallan - I assume b/c of the younger age and lower proof? I like the Macallan 12 much more than I had anticipated. It makes the ryes, bourbons, and Irish whiskeys I had been drinking (nothing terribly special)...
Quote: Originally Posted by airportlobby I'm just beginning to sample single malts. Any recs on a good, cheaper counterbalance to Macallan 12? Thinking of Highland 12 or 15, but also concerned it may be too similar to the Macallan I already have to provide much of a contrast to my newb palate (and I'd like to get in some cheaper alternatives). The Ardbeg would be a good contrast and is at a similar price point. Laphroiag would also be an...
I recently picked up a bottle of Ardbeg Ten at a going out of business sale, 40% off. What a great decision, I truly LOVE this! My wife thinks there is something wrong with me as I exault its praises as I enjoy my dram. Absolutely delicious!
This thread got me thirsty. Macallan 18 for a nightcap.
Quote: Originally Posted by Intelligent Design I can only afford blends But they say you should begin with the poor so you can truly appreciate the good. Secretly I'd prefer the good. You should do some research. There are plenty of good blends either at or below some of the blends price points. You could start with a Macallan 12 at $45. Aberfeldy 12 for $35, especially if you are a Dewars fan. Glenlivet, which you will...
Quote: Originally Posted by M5Racer Simply: Because I don't like it. It's not like I'm forcing myself not to drink or I don't know how to drink in moderation-I did that for years-I just don't really like how it makes me feel, during or after. It's not a question of judgment, it's a question of taste. I'm not trying to convince anyone else to make the same choice, but it works well for me. I should add that many women see it as a virtue, so it's not all...