or Connect

Posts by mzmart

Just to round this off. Shoulder fixed and suit taken home. Nice enough final fit. Got the style a bit wrong but that's my fault for not being insistent. Yeah Ok overall. But ......a bit overpriced. Overall rating 7/10.
Encouraging. The Metallica thing is a misstep but there is something about O'Shea that is quite promising and astute - maybe the atypical background.
They went with O'Shea because he was a big success a My Theresa and presumably has some talent for picking saleable items. Also, they probably figure, 'well its worth the risk to try and upsize (al la other big brand upsizes)'. "If it goes pearshape, we can always refocus on the core middle aged gentlemen clientele - they'll come back if the style goes back to what they like". Of course the real reason why Brioni is not flourishing its too bloody expensive for what you...
Well, the suit arrived and I had a fitting on Saturday. Not too bad in terms of fit, although a standard issue with my shoulder wasn't addressed. Style - not what I wanted, too fitted and button stance too high. But I won't hold it against them for a first suit with a new tailor. Construction - sees OK. Overall: This is a semi-bespoke service. It goes beyond MTM in terms of flexibility and fit. But its not a full, painstaking, bespoke process, with, especially, a...
Well folks I am going to renew this thread. Ordered a Germanicos "gold' package suit. $2200. Lots of measurements done but not by the actual tailor. First (only?) fitting happening in two days time. Now, I've had plenty of real bespoke made before eg Cutler, Zink etc. So you'll get an honest unbiased view. At this time my working hypothesis is that it's 'semi bespoke' ie I did get to choose style that you can't with MTM but the process does seem truncated. We shall see.
Obviously they have been cut off for offering the 20% discount. Its a pity because I'd rather deal with them, on any reputable dealer really, rather than the EG store. Even at full price. Does anybody know of any other UK based shop (aside from Ashton and Marks) that you can use?
I am done with buying clothes but my stomach is not done with me. I also assure those lucky individuals with constant weight that shoe size changes as well..
Folks, anybody bought any Top Drawers recently. Thinking of a Burgundy Gladstone. But I'd just like to check out the price other people have been quoted as last time I inquired I got a vague (possibly inaccurate) sense that OS buyers were being charged more than locals.
It's a mind trip. Once you've spent $1,000 on a pair of shoes it becomes a whole lot easier the next time. And style and quality are just as important as fit or else we'd all by wearing crocs. Nowadays I will only buy JL Prestige. But in substantive terms, there is no way that a pair of EG/JL is worth $1,000. Markup is probably 350% or more and the wankery about 874 individual movements etc needed to make a pair is obvious nonsense.
I have both and can detect no real difference in quality. But the JL 7000 (size 9) is way way more comfortable than the EG 82 (9.5). I have relatively narrow feet with a high instep.