or Connect

Posts by Made in California

I quite value the belts I have with removable buckles because it adds more versatility at seemingly no expense. It strikes me as overkill to have a gold/silver/gunmetal version of every belt in your wardrobe. If one has even a slight desire to keep quantity under control, it seems you would have to aim for getting belts with which you could switch around the buckles. All this being said, a large number of belts aren't made this way. Why not? My thought was to buy...
See now I've got a shirt from Express and the cut is good - it's the "Stretch V-Neck" with 6% spandex. The color is nice. There are no inherent issues with it. But then I compare it to this tee I've got from Paolo Pecora in the same color and it suddenly looks cheap. I definitely wear the shirts I have from AA, Express even Merona and they're great value for money, but I think if I were trying to dress to impress it would stay on the hanger. Express is cool but, depending...
Awesome write-up, thank you.Funny, the Icebreaker shirts actually look very cool - I never thought I'd buy something even bordering on fashionable at REI. If REI is entry and Outlier the top end, then the whole price gamut would span $80-$100?
Oh by the way, I highly recommend you check out the Manieri website (the makers of The Reevolving Belt), it's hilarious: http://www.manieribelts.com/ Wtf is that homepage?! I am now sincerely in love with this brand.
Reevolving, I presume whose reputation precedes him as he is a genius who figured out that he does not need to spend more than $10 on a belt, recently bought this belt for $100. ("Recently" being relative here, May 2010.) It's abundantly obvious to everyone I'm sure that he found the greatest belt of all time HOWEVER a mere 4 years later, it's sold out. I would love to have this belt. I would do literally anything to get it [aside from PM Reevolving for his]. Where,...
A think a statement like "your outfit is only as good as your weakest link" immediately sounds like a quality style chestnut that every proper gentleman should follow. However, I think this is just flat out wrong and believe almost the opposite to be true: A few interesting or quality pieces will overshadow everything else. Try wearing Dockers slacks and an AA tee with a Cucinelli leather jacket - and of course some shitty belt from Walmart. If you pair that look with nice...
Bump -- Anyone else heard of this or had this issue with shortening exotics?
^ I think they're trending actually: http://www.solesurvivorleather.com/leather-santa-belts/
What if you have a belt that you want to wear with both a suit AND jeans? The jeans hang lower, so it's going to be buckled wider. I figure that the more formal setting should request the more stringent abiding of fashion rules so you'd size the belt so that you buckled on the 3rd/middle hole with slacks and the 4th/second-to-end hole when wearing jeans. Does anyone do anything different?
I really liked your post here and it makes me feel like looking up a lot of the manufacturing techniques you mentioned that I'm completely ignorant about. However I feel in an effort to be complete you missed a couple important aspects. I've got a few shirts at that price point ($100+) that when I bought them, I thought "I'm buying this for the design, and am aware I am totally overpaying in regards to quality". That being said, I am really happy with the result. The...