or Connect

Posts by cncrd

I've had maybe two dozen A&E shoes over the last 20 years, and in my experience- especially over the last ten years or so- I've never had a "perfect" pair. Whether they were seconds, bought through a full price retailer, or bought directly from A&E, I've never had a pair that didn't have some of the minor discoloration spots, little irregularities around the edges, a weird little hiccup in the stitching somewhere, etc. that your shoes have, especially in the mid-lighter...
See: http://www.styleforum.net/t/263487/question-re-zegna-suits-from-off-fifth-with-saks-label and other similar threads. Short answer is likely to be a fairly emphatic NO here.
There are stacks of these at the Marshall's and TJ Maxx stores near me. They ususally stay there for six months plus, marked down to $29 or less, don't appear to sell, and are suddenly all gone one day, along with what I think are DT matching pocket square-tie sets.I always had the impression that the brand's demographic target is 20-something guys who work low wage sales jobs but think they look more successful/baller wearing dad's 1980s Gordon Gekko shirt.Please note...
A revival of a nearly two year old thread that was a revival of a three year old thread...???
Everyone doesn't, by the nature of his work and the resources at his disposal, require the justification of the clothing we all worship here. A lot of people work in a position that requires them to be nicely dressed, but not beyond reasonable presentation.I work with a lot of government and education clients, and many of them- teachers, mid-level department heads, etc.- wear the same class of garment as the OP named. They dress as nicely as they can, their clothes are...
You'll find (as with your question on "French" or double cuffs) that you'll get seemingly impossibly incompatible advice here on this subject. Inevitably, someone is going to point out that if you only spent $100 or $200 more, you could fnd something of much higher quality on the Buying & Selling forum here, on Ebay, from several SF preferred vendors, on and on. And that's true. It fundamentally bothers a lot of members here when someone goes into Macy's or wherever and...
Reading this was worth slogging through the whole thread.
Heavy chunky cordovan shoes, like the Lauren wingtips. I've had two pair, and ended up selling both virtually unworn. No vibe for them. Pretty much any wingtips actually. Black dress shoes at all (3 pair out of maybe 50 total). Tassle loafers (1 pair, and only redeemed by being suede). Most of the boots favored here with suits. Bowties. Very short, tight pants. Loafers (or any shoe) without socks in professional/public environment.
Wili it look good to people here? No. Will it look good in the absolute Flusser/Boyer proper style sense? Definitely not. Will it look better than most of your peers? Probably. Could you do much better with lower cut vest in black, or perhaps a cummerbund? Definitely. Does any of this matter to you at this point in your life? I hope not too much. The lower cut vest or cummerbund is solid advice, but sometimes the guys here give the same advice to someone attending a...
This is a really beautiful and very cool Brunello Cucinelli jacket, NWT/new with tag, in a medium blue, linen/wool/silk herringbone fabric. In perfect, unaltered, new condition. Extremely light in weight, incredibly soft, and the silk gives it a beautiful sheen. 48% linen, 38% silk, 14% wool. The herringbone is very subtle. Made in Italy (obviously). 3 button, 3/2 roll, notch lapels, double vents, and 4 non-working stitched button holes on each cuff, so the sleeves can be...