or Connect

Posts by JonasAberg

You could definitely argue that part of dressing well is dressing for the occasion, not standing out like a sore thumb. If you wear a suit to the beach people will think you are out of place, unless it's a summer wedding and you're wearing a light linen suit or something. However, as the world gets increasingly casual and dressed down, doesn't dressing well in this regard become quite a challenge? I would venture a guess that most men today own only a single suit,...
Quote: Originally Posted by FashionFadz I don't think many people where the traditional wedding ties these days, especially those not in the actual wedding party Today the description "wedding tie" seems to be very loose and can refer to anything from a long tie coordinated with the bridesmaid dresses (I can almost see the eyes rolling here) or a fat boy tie to match a vest, or even a cravat. Yeah I've noticed that when doing a google...
That was still a bit unclear to me as well; are wedding ties only to be worn by the groom or groomsmen or do attendees also traditionally wear them?
One of my closest friends is getting married in February so I've been reading through threads about wedding attire and found multiple references to "wedding ties". There were even pictures of what people believed to be appropriate wedding ties but being the noob I am I couldn't figure out what they had in common. The best description I could find was this: "...As for the appropriate tie to wear, if one is going to be strict about it, the English actually have a whole...
Whenever I hear "Yale" I think of "the whole Yale thing". What "Yale thing"? Well, for one he is a closet homosexual who does a lot of cocain...that Yale thing. Best movie ever.
Dress however you feel like. Never try to figure out what a woman's expectations are so you can meet them. It's a sucker's game. Wear what you like. If she doesn't like it - her problem.
Quote: Originally Posted by IBJanky I'm going to go against the majority here and say there's nothing wrong wearing a suit to a club, unless you're doing it for the wrong reasons. If you're wearing one in hopes to impress people, then read no further. I wear a suit to clubs here in Los Angeles/Long Beach/Hollywood areas only because I like looking nice. ... Get out there and have a great time I agree. I wore a suit to a club just...
Also okay if you are James Bond
I've been thinking about getting a tan suit to wear to summer weddings and such. I don't want to go bespoke 'cause I'm not that wealthy...yet. All my suits are in the 400€ range so that's about what I'd like to spend. It can get pretty darn hot here in June-July, especially since the sun never really sets early in the summer (June, most of July...the sun is down a few hours at most) so I'm thinking I'd like a suit that breathes and is light. So what materials should...
Quote: Originally Posted by WhateverYouLike Dark blue shirts and yellow ties are almost always poorly executed. Unless you wear it on 6. June... in Sweden