or Connect

Posts by krn.nyc

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated!
I have a friend who has logged over millions of air miles and is constantly on the road. He currently lugs around a Tumi nylon ballistic briefcase which is way too small. When he squeezes in numerous booklets, pamphlets and other random items, it looks as if it's about to burst while heaving it around. I'd like to get him a nice briefcase. Something extremely light but durable enough to withstand all his traveling. Flexible and spacious would also be great. I believe...
Please check my other thread as I cluttered this one with replies (didn't see the bump function). http://www.styleforum.net/t/329255/for-sale-or-trade-alden-indy-405-8d-classic
I recently picked up a pair of new Indys from an SF-er abroad. After lacing them up, I've accepted the fact that they will stretch out and become too big (even with another insole). I've tried the right shoe on once. Knowing the strict Alden return policy, are there any options in trying to get it swapped for a smaller size? I know I can't break the last but I think I have slightly creased the inner side of the boot. I will go to the NYC store once I return and figure out...
Thank you. Seems like a $50 difference, give or take.
Where should I go in Tokyo to find said amazing deals? Quality matters, brand not as much.I'm a fan of Flathead; is it cheaper in Tokyo relative to Selfedge and where should I go? The yen-$ is awful... it's currently 80Y-1USD.Thanks!
has anyone had experience with their backpack in the rain? i'd like to wax mine as it looks like it'll get handled during a downpour... if anyone has experience waxing the bag, or waxing canvas in general, it'd be greatly appreciated
I got the grey zip bag. Though I was underwhelmed in the first few minutes I saw it, it really grew on me and I like it a lot. I also really appreciate the packaging- you can tell these guys love design. Is it recommended to wax the canvas? It doesn't seem like this would hold up well if I get caught in the rain. Does anyone have experience waxing canvas like this? Any advice would be appreciated-
I received my 256 today. As many others, I was concerned about choosing between the 256 and 257. If you're going to use it on your shoulder, get the 256. I was surprised at how much it fit... if I were to put anything more, it would fuck up my shoulder and I'd be better off getting a backpack. I think a quote found earlier in the thread perfectly summarizes the 256 vs 257 debate. If you're working, get the 256. If you're a student, get the 257. Is the bag good to go from...
Thanks for the advice- you're right about the max profit being 100% with shorting. Another bad thing about shorting is that losses can theoretically be infinite.I should have specified that I see Apple falling in two years or so. They'll continue to have strong numbers through these next several quarters since they're still riding the wave of innovation they've enjoyed, but I can't see them realistically growing at the same rate in the long-term. If you look at the...