or Connect

Posts by Supergenius

Well, I don't live in LA anymore, but there are some obvious places depending on what you are looking for. Go to Rodeo Drive in BH for all the big name boutiques. Robertson has some decent shopping, too. Of course there are places like Mister Freedom or the boutiques on Abbott Kinney in Venice. That's where Stronghold denim is. If you are a little more adventurous, there's a decent boutique in Torrance caled "Threads and Needles" and a pretty cool shop around the...
I saw that the prices are lower in Canada, too. I will be in Toronto at Christmas time and plan to buy the navy suede/black patent cap toe ones while I'm there. Not sure why we have the honor of paying more in the US...
VRaivio, the other idea I had was to get one of the less popular color combinations that is close to what I want. The navy suede/black patent is part of the permanent collection that doesn't go on sale, but i have seen the petrol blue suede/gray patent on sale. I could be happy with those as a close second. Now, to find my size...
Keykoo, in a world of $1500 Balmain high tops/$1200 Annchucks/$1000 Rafs, I agree $475 isn't bad. However, in the grand scheme of things, no one (not even us) needs $475 sneakers. But ya gotta have a hobby
VRaivio, I agree. Lanvins are my favorite baller sneaker. The quality of materials is amazing and they feel great on. However, I never pay retail - the prices are just crazy. I wait until the big sales at Mr Poter, SSENSE, Barneys, etc. My next pair will be the navy suede with patent cap toes. I have been trying to find them on sale for years with no luck, so I may have to bite the bullet and pay retail for them
Diptyque Tam Dao EDP today. After trying and liking the samples, I was given a FB for Father's Day. I'm really enjoying it.
I love the Guerlain 68. I don't have any at the moment, so you reminded me I need to buy some more. My wife brought me some samples of Diptyque scents last weekend - Tam Dao and Volutes, I believe. Not sure if those are supposed to be women's scents, but I kind of dig them. They are a lot stronger than what I usually wear and last a long time.
Are these still available? I PM'ed you last weekend and never heard back. Thanks.
I guess I'm the exception because I just wear my sneakers (even the "luxe" ones) and don't worry about it. I don't abuse them, but don't baby them either. When they wear out, I'll replace them with another pair or something new.