or Connect

Posts by Supergenius

cxeq: What are those? I know Raf showed something like that and collaborated with Adidas on a snow boot thing like that last year. Are those Rafs?
JCMan: Guerlain every day. Today is Mouchoir de Monsieur. A perennial favorite.
Sepp, I would actually size down 1 in the Ann's. I am also a 44 and that's what I bought. They are a little big, but not enough to bug me and I got such a good deal I just kept them. However, it seems like many folks here are quite picky about size and if that's the case you may be happier sizing down one. Anyone else have a similar experience?
On a slightly different topic - did anyone here go to the "Rise of Sneaker Culture" exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum? I saw it last month and thought they did a great job. A few too many Jordans for my taste, but they did have a Rick Owens fashion show video on loop and had one row of the exhibit dedicated to baller sneakers. There was also a video of a short interview with Lucas Ossendrijver about the Lanvin cap toes. I felt they were missing some key pieces in terms...
I agree with Exdeath. Those are the ones I have and they are what I think of when I picture Ann D's. I love them and highly recommend them to anyone who wants a good quality, comfortable staple baller sneaker. Provided you get a good deal, you can't go wrong.
Anybody here able to weigh in on Balmain sneakers quality and materials? I really like the high tops, but haven't handled any or tried any on. I'd be curious to know what owners think of them. Thanks!
I have for sale a pair of brown suede brogues in US size 10. Derbies with double leather soles. They are "To Boot NY" branded. The salesman said he thought they were made by Church's but I have no idea if that is accurate. They are marked "Made in England". They are slightly too small for me. Very roomy in the toebox, but just too short. The dark spot on the toe in the first picture is just a shadow in the picture. Asking $150 but will listen to all offers. PM me...
I am selling a pair of Ralph Lauren Made in England spectator shoes in size US 10C. Asking $150.00 but will listen to offers. I bought them off the forum a while ago, but they are a little too small for me. I thought I could make them work, but I really don't have a narrow foot. I was told by the previous seller they were made by Alfred Sargent, but I can't confirm. A pic of the heel showing the nail pattern is included for those of you more knowledgeable on these...
Sepp - how about some Ann D's? I have a pair of the black suede Ann Chucks with side zips. I love them, but they definitely run big. I know she has had both suede and leather versions in the past, both in varying heights. They are ridiculously priced, but on sale they aren't bad at all. Worth a look I'd say.
I have been on a Guerlain kick lately. My SOTD today is Mouchoir de Monsieur. I also received this week a bottle of Eau de Cologne Imperiale which I had engraved with my name. Can't wait to try that.