or Connect

Posts by zalb916

The next president, duh!
If you want to keep this on topic for Trump, the Military Times had a recent survey about presidential preference that found "troops prefer Trump to Clinton by a huge margin."   "In a new survey of American military personnel, Donald Trump emerged as active-duty service members' preference to become the next U.S. president, topping Hillary Clinton by more than a 2-to-1 margin. However, in the latest Military Times election survey, more than one in five troops said they’d...
The Military Times performed a comprehensive survey in 2014 that included questions for its readers about their political beliefs. There is a chapter titled "AMERICA'S MILITARY: A conservative institution's uneasy cultural evolution." It speaks to the topic of political leanings of active military. http://www.militarytimes.com/story/military/2014/12/21/americas-military-a-conservative-militarys-cultural-evolution/18959975/ Keep in mind that this is a poll of readers of the...
I have no idea, but I'm not sure that he is wrong. This data only indicates preferences among active military who actually contributed to a campaign, and the percentage of active military contributing to presidential campaigns is very low. It doesn't really say much about active military as a whole, the vast majority of whom did not contribute. It could be indicative. It couldn't. I have no clue how to extrapolate. Also, if you combine Paul and Romney, contributions to...
Um, no.It's always amusing when people just get shit wildly wrong. This is particularly amusing, because it's just not even necessary for you to do. Ron Paul was overwhelmingly the choice of active military when he was running because of his support for bringing troops home. Nobody can dispute that. You could have made your point by stating that. Instead you just made shit up and completely discredited any point you actually tried to make.
 This is definitely false. First, there are no studies that actually indicate who was accepted through affirmative action. There are, however, studies that compare white vs. black graduation rates at Ivies. I'm just going to assume you're being lazy and equating being an accepted black student with being a student who was accepted through affirmative action. There's no doubt that a not insignificant amount of black students were accepted through favorable admission...
 I'm pretty sure that Gibonious said "drug crimes," not "drug possession." The "propaganda" also is generally for drug-related offenses, not simply drug possession. In 2014, 50.1% of federal inmates were in prison for drug-related crimes. There were 192,663 inmates, so let's call that about 96,000.In 2014, 15.7% of state inmates were in prison for drug-related crimes. There were 1.325 million inmates, so let's call that a little over 200,000. So, the number in prison for...
 Eh. He'll be around for whomever is in office.    My favorite: 
Trump's easement usage has been known for some time: http://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trumps-land-donations-put-him-in-line-for-conservation-tax-breaks-1457656717
The highest asset category is $50+ million for financial disclosure documents. Trump could have 5 assets marked in that category, and we'd have no idea if the total of those assets is $250 million or $2.5 billion. The disclosures won't really tell us that much about his wealth.