or Connect

Posts by zbromer

^ That looks awful.
I can't speak for him, but that's not at all what he was saying. It's a narrative that people are trying to force upon him.
And this is all largely irrelevant. Foo's joke/point was that he critiqued my table without even seeing it. My table could be hideous and constructed so poorly that it's impossible to rest a cup of coffee on it without spilling. The story or uniqueness behind my table may be interesting to a few people, but what's more relevant is how well is it crafted and how does the piece look and function in the space.
No, I do. My description was tongue-in-cheek, like your response. I know what my table is, and I understand the nature of your response. This whole schtick is just not particularly clever.
It's a wood table with metal legs. It's pretty inoffensive.
I have a coffee table that fits this, I think. The top is made from wood from an old barn in Pennsylvania, and the legs are recycled steel tubes. I don't know the provenance of the steel. Liberals like repurposing stuff, right? My wife and I found a young furniture maker in Lynchburg, Va. He had recently quit his "boring corporate life" (his words) to restore a 19th century church and pursue his passion of making furniture from reclaimed wood and metal. Living in a shitty...
The above quote about refining your taste struck me, because I've actually learned a lot from you about refining taste in terms of clothing. You refined your taste over the years by trying different styles, makers, etc. You figured out what you like and what looks good on you, as opposed to what you thought you would like or what you thought would look good. You did this through practice, experimentation, etc. It took time and trial and error of just living in your...
I know you are replacing the chair, but I like how the brown wood appears against the rug and works with all of the white/cream. It provides a nice contrast in color and texture without being the pop of color that some have suggested and which I agree with you that the room does not need. My personal preference may have been to go wood with the coffee table, but, I understand what you are doing here.Also, the rug does look nice.
I wouldn't worry about accepting delivery. These types of companies usually make things right. I had some issues with a chair from DWR after about three months. I sent them a few pictures to ask for their opinion, without specifically requesting anything. They sent me a new one two days later with no further questions.