or Connect

Posts by zalb916

This isn't entirely accurate. He had his post count reset a number of years ago when he was up around 30,000. It would be more accurate to say roughly 70,000 posts.
This leaves out a fundamental part of the equation. Let's use your 79% example. Generally, the U.S. is accepting people from the 21% who face persecution or torture from that 79%. We aren't accepting those from the 79% and have mechanisms in place to prevent their admission.Could those mechanisms be improved? Should we review our policies and laws because of national security vulnerabilities? These are reasonable questions. However, the U.S. not only has a history of...
Yeah, but how else are we going to get our son into Harvard? We have no choice but to use his mom's newfound heritage.
My wife, who looks pretty damn white, had similar family stories. Her mom's maternal side always mentioned that they were Native American. A few years ago, my wife looked up old Census records. No Native Americans. They were black. She got in touch with some distant relatives, and a bunch of her family went to a big family reunion. The people were black, white, and everything in the middle.It was super interesting how the family's stories were just wrong, most likely to...
Here is a Washington Post article from a gay, Hispanic Republican who is supporting Donald Trump. He describes getting beaten up by protestors at the Trump rally in San Jose.   https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/06/10/im-voting-for-donald-trump-so-i-went-to-see-him-speak-protesters-broke-my-nose/
 Here's what the organization itself says: What does the term “La Raza” mean?The term “La Raza” has its origins in early 20th century Latin American literature and translates into English most closely as “the people” or, according to some scholars, “the Hispanic people of the New World.” The term was coined by Mexican scholar José Vasconcelos to reflect the fact that the people of Latin America are a mixture of many of the world’s races, cultures, and religions. The full...
 This is not really accurate. Sure, there were a lot of instances in which state and local government-sponsored discrimination occurred. However, setting aside the not unimportant distinction that it was the business owners and not the cooks making decisions to segregate lunch counters, there most certainly were businesses that had moral objections to selling their food to black people. The most famous instance of refusing to serve black people food was at the Woolworth in...
 There are dozens of long policy statements on her web site on a bunch of different topics:https://www.hillaryclinton.com/briefing/factsheets/ You're a veteran, right? I just pulled one example on "Supporting Our Veterans, Troops, and Their Families." It's about 5,000 words.https://www.hillaryclinton.com/briefing/factsheets/2015/11/11/supporting-our-veterans-troops-and-their-families/
 The next president, duh!
If you want to keep this on topic for Trump, the Military Times had a recent survey about presidential preference that found "troops prefer Trump to Clinton by a huge margin."   "In a new survey of American military personnel, Donald Trump emerged as active-duty service members' preference to become the next U.S. president, topping Hillary Clinton by more than a 2-to-1 margin. However, in the latest Military Times election survey, more than one in five troops said they’d...