or Connect

Posts by zbromer

Good advice. It does look Italian. On this forum, there's a very strong preference for English fabrics and an often mistaken belief that Italian fabrics are inferior. Edmorel is one of the few voices that speaks up for the Italian fabrics. I recognize that they aren't for everybody, but they shouldn't be dismissed so easily either.
I'm in the same boat. Still interested, but would like to see a swatch. Thanks for the organization on this.
 I would not recommend it. Fabric choice aside, supplying your own fabric can create additional complications for your tailor, and the likelihood of those complications occurring increases with your first commission. I've repeated this numerous times throughout this thread, but supplying your own fabric that a tailor can otherwise obtain on his own is just not a great idea. The savings are usually very minimal, and if there is a problem, the onus is on the client, not the...
I think there's a Harrisons Mirage fabric that fits this description relatively well.
Quote: [Ambrosi] but it because dwarf with oval head gained 5 cm ....[/Ambrosi]
 Drapers is a distributor, not a manufacturer. They do have a book called Blazon. The fabric in that book is made by Vitale Barberis Canonico, and it is Super 140s. I don't believe that it is a particularly vintage book, but I may be wrong. I don't have any specific experience with it, but Drapers stuff is generally pretty good. Some people seem to think less of VBC stuff, but they make some pretty good fabric for Drapers.
We refinished our floors on the ground level. The color was supposed to remain the same. The stairs are the original color: Not even close. The company, which had received good references, acknowledged the mistake and will fix it. However, I am now thinking about just doing the rest of the house with this color. The rest of the house was going to need refinishing eventually, but it's just a huge pain to move everything out for a couple of days. Any thoughts on the...
I'm looking for recommendations for restaurants in Hong Kong that serve local food that would be reasonable for a solo diner. Noodle houses, dumpling places, restaurants known for their crispy pig or duck. Stuff like that would be great. Any price range.
Same here.
 Just get the pants too and join the other 343 StyFo members.