or Connect

Posts by clockwise

I am getting so many Derby games live on Swedish TV this year. Right now we are up 2-0 vs Cardiff away and it's looking very very good. Since Bournemouth won against Watford yesterday, a win will not take us higher than 2nd but it's been a good season so far. I am starting to believe in Premier League next season. Excited about Chelsea v Man C after this. Should be a very tight and combative game. If Chelsea wins, 2014/15 is a foregone conclusion. Must consequently cheer...
Great to hear you are enjoying yourself while the Rams keep marching on!Next we're off to Wales and maybe maybe to the top of the Championship.
Clockwise counting 08/50: Georges Simenon - The Saint-Fiacre Affair (1932) Commissaire Maigret returns to the small city of his childhood. A countess dies of heart attack during mass but the death has been pre-announced as a crime by an anonymous person well before the event. Maigret is surprisingly passive throughout the story and the explanation is gradually unraveled through psychological games played between the most likely suspects. An unusual Maigret mystery which...
Nice. I got 5.
Clockwise counting 07/50: Edward Wilson - The Darkling Spy (2010) With this book, I have concluded my reading of Edward Wilson's novels - four spy stories and one about the Vietnam war. In this book, British spy William Catesby is introduced and he will later also be the protagonist in Wilson's two most recent novels. Catesby is a sympathetic character, full of doubt about his profession and the game of deceit which he is involved in. The story takes us from London and...
Sorry, I should have understood that Man C and Chelsea could not advance against Boro and Bradford.
Too early to say anything about the FA cup. Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City all have rather easy games coming up and should all be among the final 16. But Derby County will be there as well...
Arsenal close to signing Brazilian centre back Gabriel Paulista from Villareal. Hope this one works out well. After the unexpected and impressive 2-0 win away at Man City I feel Arsenal can end the season strongly and push for 3rd place, maybe even 2nd. Nothing short of a cholera epidemic is going to stop Chelsea this season.
Clockwise counting 06/50: Donna Leon - Death at La Fenice (1992) Leon is an American author who lives in Venice, Italy and writes crime novels about the Venetian Police Commissario Guido Brunetti. This is the first in a series which to date already has more than 20 titles. The world's most famous conductor, a German with a suspect past called Maestro Wellauer, dies from cyanide poisoning between two acts while conducting La Traviata in the Venice opera house. This is a...
Clockwise counting 05/50: Edward Wilson - The Envoy (2008) The first of Wilson's espionage novels is excellent. It describes a cynical world with morally flawed people involved in constant double dealing. The protagonist, Kit Fournier, is CIA Chief of Station in London in the 1950s. His job is to execute CIA's plan to disrupt the relationship between Soviet Union and the UK and to ensure that only US can set the Western world's foreign policy. There are no heroes in this...