or Connect

Posts by GradSchooler

Quote: Originally Posted by comrade These "gentlemen" qualify for scholarships to Re-Education Camp. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reeducation_camp Does this "re-education" perhaps involve a flamethrower?
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord Asquith Listen, you can fool some kid who buys used ebay suits but you can't fool upper crust people who shop at SAKS and I don't mean some saks outlet where they unload their crappier stuff. I mean SAKS on 5th Ave in Manhattan. They carry BOSS every year, year after year. Yes because rich people are NEVER fooled into buying things because they have a particular label on them and not because they are of high...
Anyone who has used Garrison Bespoke/Fifth on King have any pics they could share of the finished project?
Quote: Originally Posted by Milligan With my own cloth, he charged me $1600 + tax. Dont have the jacket with me now, away for weekend - but it did include the ticket pocket which I now know what it is and like that extra style detail. I learned alot of new terms- Included lots of other details in hand finished pic stitch on lapel edge, pockets, and this "surgeon cuff" which is another great detail. I'm assuming that's with a full floating...
Quote: Originally Posted by Milligan I bought cloth when I was travelling through Italy that I loved, and then found that Harry's or Holts doesnt do MTM if you bring your own fabric. Was referred to this place Le Firme in Richmond Hill -- they are very accomodating, and I loved the personal customer service. I was there for 2 hours just listening to the process of another customer who was getting a Zegna Bespoke. They know what they're talking about -...
Quote: Originally Posted by m_wave Yes and we ride kangaroos to work... The OP said he ran the shower, no mention of being in it, hence wasting water, which is a valuable resource in Australia an becoming increasingly so. You ride kangaroos to work?! That's awesome!
I understand that those of us who are sartorially educated are in the minority. But that doesn't excuse anyone for perpetuating the notion that a black suit is for everything. Case-in-point: The very first suit I bought was a black suit. Not because I particularly wanted a black suit, but because I was told (by sales staff) that it was the most "basic" and "versatile." They could just have easily told me that a black suit was for funerals and that I'd be better served...
I used to keep an eye on these guys out of curiosity and an initial interest in their products (back before it became perfectly clear that they were full of shit about the canvassing and fabric content of their suits). Just took a look at the website, first time in quite a while... gah! "Every man should start with a black suit. It's the most essential part of the wardrobe." And the jacket length makes Thom Browne stuff look generous.
PM'd
Quote: Originally Posted by Sentinel Maxwells comes around twice a year. They'll do the measuring and you get to see and feel the materials in person. I haven't tried their suits yet, but I've had a few rounds of shirts made. The quality is quite good, though not perfect and the prices (around $60/shirt) beats what you'd pay in department stores for decent materials. It looks like they'll be in Van in late May and Vic in July. Anyone...