or Connect

Posts by Silent Speaker

I feared as much. Oh well. Thanks guys.Well I'm sure I could take an 8 in the 2030 as they are a little bit long on me to be honest. The 8.5 was taken because wanted to err on the side of caution, being unfamiliar with Viberg's sizing at the time. It was winter, and I was wearing thicker socks. Still, I don't mind the relative looseness in summer. A half sze too large and they're still my most comfortable boots.The 8.5 UK in the Tricker's are as low as I'd want to go...
Sorry to bother the thread, but I was hoping to canvass some sizing info on the Carmina Detroit last as I'm looking at that last pair of cognac shell derbies Skoak's got and wondering if they'll fit me. I take an 8.5 in the Viberg 2030, Tricker's 4497s, Alden Barrie and Trubalance. Generally thicker socks with the two former, thinner with the two latter. Would an 8.5 in the Carmina detroit be too long for me? (too narrow?). I'm a 9E (right) and 8.5D/E(left) on the...
Wonderful!I've often toyed with the idea of playing around with stripping a pair of RM's and dyeing them into some more interesting colour. I was always tentative because I was unsure as to whether or not it was possible. Access to lots of seconds in chestnut and black always had me thinking of the possibilities.May I ask you some questions concerning your process?-You mention these being brown Wentworths - were they a dark brown? Darker at least than this reddish colour...
Well,this post by dibadiba, and of course the post by DWFII immediately following it, in the Leather Properties thread go into moose talk a bit. http://www.styleforum.net/t/354137/leather-quality-and-properties/80_80#post_6492498
Are you intimating that those who will be buying these will actually be using them as "work boots"? Because I can assure that that's a very unlikely prospect.
I would say profit is the major motive (as it is with most things). The comfort line of boots, particularly the craftsman, is their best seller from all accounts I've been given from indept. retailers and RM's shop fronts.I would've thought it was the other way around actually, concerning the continuance of the DF vs the CC range that is, as from what I can recall the major draw to the DF was that it was "airport friendly". At least that's what the marketing around it was...
PM sent!
They're different lasts and toe shapes.Imagine that there are two prototypical RM's: Turnout = roundtoe, Craftsman = chisel toe.Everything else (apart from one hideous exception for women) is a variation of one or the other - ie. more round, round and narrow, round with a twist, square, fat square etc.Macq. are round but narrow compared to the Turnout (I think the infamous "forum special" is based on the macquarie's toe).Henly's a chisel toe but it's wider IIRC compared...
I was under the impression the 2040 only really had that noticeable bump with a box toe? I'm sure I've seen a roughout, unstructured 2040 service boot on here somewhere. Flat as a 2030 unstructured IIRC, but perhaps they had been significantly worn in.
You've not been to very many "music festivals" I see.