or Connect

Posts by skokiekid

Mark Shale had 3 stores in the Chicago area when it closed in Dec 2012. It carried Canali, Jack Victor, Ike Behar and Zanella. Sorry to see it closed.
The SF have a thin rubber sole which is good when it rains. The SF have a soft leather and can look stubby to some eyes. The CJ are a little pointier. If this is going to be your only captoe, you may get more use out of the CJ. Nordstrom carries the fantino. Syd Jerome in Chicago also carries the fantino and is a good deal when they have their 50% off sale. Their regular price may also be less than the NM price.
Are the horizontal stripes on a vest and a jacket supposed to line up? Or is it bad to line up? On sweaters, you rarely see the stripes on the arms and body line up. yes, skokie IL.
Pattern is mis-matched on vest at 3rd button from top? Pattern seems to match above and below,
1 is ok. 3 is a maybe depending on the color in real life. As Vinny said, 5 is ok if dots. Those are wearable for a change of pace or to try something different, but not something I would wear or recommend for an important occasion. For $15-30, you can buy nicer ties here or on ebay.
I would have thought that they dressed nicer. Sorry if this is a duplicate thread---I didn't see it on the search. http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2012/08/01/work-wear-office-style-at-esquire/
I have both the Maioco and the PA. The Maioco has a longer toe cap which I prefer. When I hold the PA, it looks stubby, but when I wear the PA it looks fine. The Maioco is a much softer leather and a little sleeker sole (bc it is not goodyear). The PA looks a little more solid. It depends on whether you want more of an English look or more of an Italian look. I wear my BM much more.
You should get the regular collar and a regular shirt. Both of those shirts look like they have studs and are tuxedo shirts. You are going to wind up looking like you are trying to imitate a tuxedo. There are ties that are designed for weddings. Others may be able to post examples of wedding ties. However, very few outside this forum will be able to recognize a wedding tie, so it is not a big deal. Just don't wear a black tie (either regular or bow).
I am a newb but I'll try. I think you should wear a white shirt. If you wear an off-white shirt, you risk looking in your pictures that you are wearing a dull or gray shirt. Even tho you are wearing a suit and not a tux, black tux and white shirt are the classic combo. Also, you will look better if you don't wear a black tie. More experienced members may chime in with better reasons. Best wishes on your upcoming marriage!
Saks and Neiman-Marcus are having sales. Syd Jerome on LaSalle and Madison has some suits for less than $1000. Mark Shale in 900 N Michigan has suits in that price range. Not downtown but try Off 5th (in Northbrook, Schaumburg and Gurnee) and NM Last Call (Gurnee). 40% off suits at Off 5th. The house brand is ok at that price. They also have a few Armani and Versace. The Off 5th shirts are a good buy at 1/2 off. Black cap-toes are $189 less 30%. Decent shoes at...