or Connect

Posts by Brian278

I'm about to pull the trigger on these: http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/carmina-shoemaker-oxford-brogue-item-10551896.aspx?storeid=9269 Can anyone say with some certainty that these are on the Rain last? Thanks.
Arrived yesterday, 10143 in Snuff Rapello Suede w/ belt: Pretty pleased, though the color is perhaps a little darker than I had in mind. Any tips on lightening them slightly (brushing perhaps)? For the money these seem excellent in terms of elegant lasts and quality, and an option I will continue to take advantage of for non-staples I don't want to go to the $500 + range for. I've already followed up with them on doing a one-off MTO with the same 3-eyelet plain toe...
For sale: A pair of Alden plain toe balmorals in patent leather, size 9 US. These are on the Plaza last, on the sleeker side for Alden with a soft square and all the excellent construction Alden is known for. These would be great for those wanting to invest long-term in “correct” black tie footwear. These were worn once, to my sister’s very tame wedding (I didn't even dance!), and as such show the creasing and sole wear from about a half day but are otherwise pristine. ...
For sale: A pair of Crockett & Jones Hallam in black calf, size 8E UK/9 US. These are from C&J’s benchgrade line on their celebrated 348 last. These were worn fairly regularly to work for about a year and a half, great shoes but I need to make some room in the closet so here they are. These have seen fairly regular cream/wax polish treatments and were always stored in shoe trees. They generally show normal wear including typical creasing between cap and vamp and minor...
Thanks to everyone in this thread for the discussion, pictures, and sizing info that prompted my to take the leap with Meermin (3-eyelet derby in snuff suede on the Hiro). I put in an order on the website on 12/9, got a couple of emails about my order being in the system and the last status update is that it's been "initiated". What's the typical wait time these days before I get an invoice and they're ready to ship?
Been looking everywhere for this with no perfect fit: I'm trying to find a grey suede derby shoes with a standard, brown leather sole. Like bucks but with the kind of brown sole you'd see on a typical brown dress shoe rather than red brick or some other plastic looking thing. The Grenson Finlay is a near fit but it has this odd contrasting trim between the sole and the upper. Any ideas?
Been looking everywhere for this with no perfect fit: I'm trying to find a grey suede derby shoes with a standard, brown leather sole. Like bucks but with the kind of brown sole you'd see on a typical brown dress shoe rather than red brick or some other plastic looking thing. The Grenson Finlay is a near fit but it has this odd contrasting trim between the sole and the upper. Any ideas?
I believe J. Crew's slim fit is slightly shorter than the standard cut if you aren't buying those already. I'm roughly the same height as you, and some of them hit a good length after I've run them through the dryer once or twice (size medium). Some others, oddly, are still a little longer than ideal to wear untucked. Honestly the most cost-effective and precise option is probably going to be to continue to buy J. Crew button downs, and have a tailor take them up exactly...
Ralph Lauren Black Label or MTM. Those are the only solutions I've been able to come up with.
Nice to know my Florida boys still remember me. I still check in from time to time to do research when I need to make a purchase, just lost the time for the day-to-day I guess (though I do miss DT).