or Connect

Posts by Isaac Mickle

Quote: Originally Posted by Brownshoe It's the sunglasses. The sunglasses ruin everything. Those bug-eye things, the necklace strap doodads--yick. If they just ebayed some old hornrims and had sunglasses lenses put in, they would look so, so much better. These high-tech numbers are completely at odds with the aesthetic of the clothes and spoil the whole effect they're after. +10 Or they could not wear sunglasses. They do need to be...
white is the only wrong choice. wood has light "within" in, even if/when it's veneer, and contrast overwhelms it. american bungalow magazine used to regularly feature before and after home makeover pictures. white was always the wrong starting point. even off-whites are pretty awful. the deep green is not the worst idea ... but the white ceiling is a no-no to go with it. contrast is not kind to wood. surround wood moldings, windows, etc. with darker colors and you...
I would not go with any kind of shoulder bag, that is too college kid and/or Peter Pannish for a businessperson. Get a real hard-shelled briefcase, something about 18 by 13 by 4. I would recommend either a Zero Halliburton in gun metal (the polished silver is just too flashy for business) or maybe black. Or better a brown or burgundy (not black) vintage briefcase by Atlas or Hartmann or an equivalent maker. All those briefcases are/were built to last forever, and you can...
In my experience, wingtips look "old man" to most older people (older than 40). A lot of younger people have no idea. Teenagers and children, especially, have no idea such shoes once had such connotations. It's the Madonna-loving baby boomer generation, and intellectuals in the one above it, that associate wingtips with sleazeball conservatives of the Nixon era and harmless old men. I know some 65 year olds who are genuinely confused about why some stylish 20- and...
If you are helping yourself to the beer you brought over, and then you realize that you will not drink all the 12 you brought, then what you do is this: HIDE THE BEER all over his fridge. Do this while no one is looking. Put one in the butter drawer, one in the back of the crisper, etc. ... disperse it all over the place. But maybe leave a few in the 12-pack carrier so it's not obvious the rest are HID. This will increase the chance that the beer is still there when you...
classes of the kind where you work in groups and have conversation and so forth are the best place to meet people. go to college, community college, whatever, you will meet women. also (seriously) charity work of the kind where you actually do shit with other people. not cleaning out the river once a year, but stuff like habitat for humanity or whatever where you meet on a regular basis to work on a project. a job would be an ideal place but lots of people will not...
robot bowl carnival battle zone elevator action mr. do!
wear jeans and a buttondown. don't overthink this. and don't play dumb games guessing how "blue collar guy" or whatever stereotype will interpret your dress. your manner will be much more important. remember too that he does not give a damn how you treat him. whether or not he likes or hates you--that's not an issue for dad. he really does not care about you. hate you or like you, it does not make a difference to him. he wants to see how you treat his daughter....
Did someone say "sellers union" ?
Sideburns go up and down with the ladies' skirts. Over time I mean.