or Connect

Posts by nohio

Definitely try the 38L. As for tailoring: if this is going to be your one suit, it is totally worth the investment in tailoring. You are going to want to look your best. The length of the jacket and sleeves can't be fixed on the suit you have now. The narrow lapels don't really do you any favors either. Other than that, the front looks pretty good. However, from the back and sides, there is a lot of wrinkling in the sleeves and shoulders. A tailor may or may not be able to...
Quote: Originally Posted by vaalbara i'm a poor college student looking to buy my first pair of dress shoes, and i'm not sure where to start, just that i like the wingtip silhouette and that i'm not interested in the 30$ walmart monstrosities that i see most people my age wearing. anyone have any recommendations on where to start? Here is what I did at first: 1) Went to a store that carried Allen Edmonds and found out what my size was in...
Measurements on the PRL?
^My 31/32 measure 16" at the waist. The inseam runs slightly short, so you might want to size up and hem them yourself. Jkhan82: The pants go down to 30" online, but they don't show up if they are sold out.
KW does MTM in the same fabric for the same price: https://www.kentwang.com/about/shirts/. No need to worry about sizes if you have a little time to wait.
Wow. Looks like I picked up the last the navy, cashmere-blend jacket. Glad I pulled the trigger when I did. I was having a terrible time deciding between that and the navy blazer. Can't wait to check it out.
Quote: Originally Posted by Brianpore The shoulders actually felt like they fit...maybe not? They measure 16.75 as I know not to by anything over 17 for obvious reasons. Guess I need to look for 16.5" and under. Nohio, would you mind posting a fit pic of your tweed so I can see how it should fit? Thanks If the shoulders felt right, it might have been better to keep it. Based on the pictures alone, it looked a little wide to me, but it can be...
Don't give up. Just keep checking ebay once in a while. It took me a few months to finally find a tweed that fit (I'm a 36S, too). BTW, don't look just at the chest. The shoulder measurement is even more important and these are too big for you. 36S shoulders have a wide range, but I find that 16.5" shoulder works best for me, YMMV. Just keep checking the measurments. Also, look at 35 and 34 jackets on Ebay. Maybe even 37. Like I said, the measurements vary wildly between...
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton For a while I though foo was getting the worst of it with the endless comments about how one seam was 1/10 mm of and "how can you tolerate that with bespoke!!!!" But this takes the cake. I don't think it is a nitpick. I noticed the same thing in your photos and found it really jarring, especially since your fits are usually impeccable. Plus it's called a "granny" knot. Not cool. Tie your shoes like a man.
Is there anywhere besides the Hanger Project that sells hangers in small sizes (e.g. <16")?