or Connect

Posts by nohio

Quote: Originally Posted by budgetmaster. first post after months of lurking. Yes, these did get me to take the time to create a username. I'm a college student on a pretty strict budget, so no idea if I can afford these, but someone please fill me in on what these are. I have an obsession with suede! the details just say "clark 2.0" Why don't you ask the dude who posted them on tumblr? Looks like a variation of the Clarks Mead Wing.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyon_BC Thank you both for your responses, so is it simply a wool jacket w/ a GP pattern? Sorry if these are redundant questions but I'm new to this and trying to figure out exactly what the pattern is on the jacket I'd call it a glen plaid pattern. If you wanted to be more specific: a glen plaid tweed jacket.
Quote: Originally Posted by cptjeff Uh, what? Price of Wales and glen plaid are patterns. Tweed is a fabric with a specific weave. That jacket is NOT tweed. Tweed is not a "specific" weave. Tweeds can be made using several different weaves. Per Manton: Quote: Originally Posted by Manton Glen-plaid is the genus; Prince of Wales is the species. "Glen-plaid" is short for glenurqhardt, a specific Scottish estate tweed pattern...
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyon_BC Can anyone help me with identifying the pattern on this coat, is it tweed?: http://min.us/mvoaJM7 Looks like Prince of Wales check, which is a particular variation of glen plaid, which is a type of tweed. (Ref 1) (Ref 2). Edit: Actually, the checks might be a little small for a real POW, but you get the idea.
Quote: Originally Posted by Nananine Quick question, what if I have a suit jacket that's pretty darn far off in sizing. Like four inches off the chest (23" instead of a 19") and the same for the shoulders. Could this be tailored, or is it just too large? The tailor would essentially be remaking the jacket, which is to say, that it would be about as expensive as having a new one made for you. The shoulders are one of the most difficult things...
Quote: Originally Posted by wolfcreek101 Can you guys please help me with this dilemma? I'm so sorry for the long post :/ It just seems as the only thing I can look somewhat decent in is jeans and a common cheap-o cotton 10 dollar T shirt. - brandon First, stop shopping at Express. The cut is generally for slimmer people and the quality is terrible. For less money, you can get slightly better quality and a fit that is more generous at...
I have seen this type of opening on unstructured jackets before. I wouldn't worry about it, unless you see loose threads suggesting it is falling apart.
I supposed it depends on what field you are in, but can you just wear a navy blazer and wool pants for interviews? More versatile than a suit and you can size each piece differently. Otherwise, suit separates. I think Brooks Brothers has some. When I was interviewing I got suit separates at Macy's. Total was around $400 (on sale) and while it isn't the most amazing garment in terms of quality, it fits great, which is probably the first thing that most people notice anyway....
Just got my jacket and it is a little tight in the chest. Is there enough fabric to let it out 1/2" or more?
Quote: Originally Posted by Klobber Hey guys, quick question. Is it normal for Brooks Brothers to sell out of everything? I was looking for some Chinos, and they have none left apart from 1 or 2 sizes in their current collection. Do they back order? Im actually an 8/10 right now on a scale of 1 to 10 pissed off. I have no summer wear and it looks like Im going to be stuck with Ralph Lauren Polo yet again this year Yes, they often sell...