or Connect

Posts by nohio

Quote: Originally Posted by ggtk Can someone offer a quick critique of the fit of this suit? Specifically the shoulder area. I have an athletic build so I'm getting those notches at the top of my shoulder. Expert advice on shoulder divots from jefferyd. The takeaway: "The only way to know if a jacket is gong to do this is to try it on. If it dents, try a size up or try a different maker."
Quote: Originally Posted by ReversoLover Thanks for the reply. Do you know where I can get the discount code? I did a search on the SF website, but the code I found was expired/invalid. Does anyone know if there's a new code? Also... Brown, Otter Green, or Tan?! They all seem perfect... Try calling Crane's (store linked at the top of the page). They might be able to help you out. Filson is cracking down on vendors who offer discounts,...
I've actually bought used AEs from that same seller. It worked out great. The ones you have linked don't appear to have much wear on them, so I'd say it's a good bet. Plus, this seller allows returns (which is uncommon for sellers of shoes).
Quote: Originally Posted by noobizor Hey guys. So I'm in love with Zegna shirts, but the sleeves always run long. I can push them up, the fabric swells around my arms, looking way too blousy. Could a tailor correct this problem by slimming the sleeves (similar to how slim jeans can be worn long, with minimal/controlled stacking)? Or would I have to get them shortened? (If there is such a thing). Thanks. From cheapest to more expensive in my...
Quote: Originally Posted by eudaimonia Is it appropriate to wear AE shoes in their Walnut color with navy blue pants? I think they look great with darker pants, but some people will say that your shoes should be darker than your pants--that it draws to much attention to your shoes. Matter of taste, but probably better done in a more casual setting than conservative business dress.
Quote: Originally Posted by polarcreamsoda navy blue suit, white shirt.....and a knit black tie? does the knit black work? Killer.
Quote: Originally Posted by Franky http://www.llbean.com/llbeansignatur...tn&cat4=505930 Thoughts for a new wool pant? And this to make the full suit? http://www.llbean.com/llbeansignatur...tn&cat4=505930 Is it a good choice for a young guy or is the low price for both to good to be true? I'm a young slim guy, and I don't want to be drowning in the thing. For a starter suit, it isn't a bad choice. LL Bean quality is decent and the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Reynard369 Bueller? Bueller? What kind of pants? Price range? Etc. Basically everyone now carries slim plants: Gap, J. Crew, Uniqlo, Dockers Better: Epaulet, Howard Yount, Brooks Brothers Milano cut, Mabitex, Incotex
Quote: Originally Posted by TRA8324 which shoes? linen or standard canvas? I was thinking about the same thing last night. Went with the standard canvas because the sole looks odd on the linen version. It seems to come up much higher and makes the shoe look clumsy. Haven't seen them in real life, though. PS Superga.com is having a 30% off sale + 20% if you buy two pairs.
Quote: Originally Posted by cptjeff Except that it's not made out of tweed! That is a type of fabric, and is not the fabric used in that coat. Tweed is a heavy, rough, unfinished twill. That is not tweed. The photos are not good enough to see the weave, so I can't tell you what it is, but I can tell you that it ain't tweed. Still not convoinced. Tweed might be unfinished, but it doesn't have to be that rough. Example from Bookster: From...