or Connect

Posts by nohio

Still available in the clearance section of the Brooks website. Here is their description: Un-constructed sport jacket in pure cotton. Mildly washed for a vintage look. Slimmer fit gives this jacket a modern appearance. Side vents and half-lined in chambray That's were I got it. Worn once, then my job changed and I don't need to wear a jacket (even a fairly casual one) anymore. Measurements: Shoulder: 17 Chest: 20 Waist: 18.5 Sleeve (from shoulder): 23.5 Length (from...
Price drop $65 > 60 > 55 (Last drop before Ebay)  Used Allen Edmonds MacNeil Longwings Black Pebble-grain Size: 7.5D Note: The insoles are marked "Ostendo Cushion Heel" I bought these second hand and have worn them occasionally the past year. They are very comfortable and the uppers are in good condition, but I just don't need black shoes very often, so off they go. The soles show a good deal of wear and I had a cobbler add toe plates because I tend to wear down shoes...
You need a better picture of the soles. Even then, it is difficult to say for sure. Based on the creasing on the uppers and the wear on the soles, i don't see any major problems. Depending on how you use them, they would likely last a long while. I would be more concerned with the marks on the uppers though. There are irregularities in the dye and while the flash photography probably highlights these, it could be pretty nasty IRL. Bid is up to you, but AE seconds can be...
The drop down menus are fine, but there is way too much white space after the words, such that I often mouse-over different options on my way to select MC or SWD. It is a small detail, but it is an unnecessary frustration that comes from the design.
Do you really need suits? Many of the looks you posted are sportcoats, some with cotton pants. It might be easier to find a higher quality sportcoat (especially a used one) and get some decent pants (on sale) from a place like Brooks Brothers. If you don't need the formality of a suit, a sportcoat is much more versatile and can be mixed with with a variety of pants and be dressed up or down easily.
Your best bet is to use the search function. LA tailors have been addressed in many other threads, as have the shoe brands mentioned (decent choices.) Men's Warehouse is generally thought of as a poor place to shop and has been discussed to death in multiple threads. To get the most out of this forum, spend some time digging through old threads. People aren't likely to drop tons of knowledge in a new thread like this with multiple questions. Also, there is a pinned thread...
Quote: Originally Posted by Pliny um who this? Fred Rogers
Quote: Originally Posted by Achillus There is a difference between tight fitting clothes and well-fitting clothes. There are many posters here who are able to pull off slim fits because the fit is dead on (aeglus and acecow immediately come to mind). Whether or not you actually are out of shape, your ill-fitting clothes make you look like have a gut. Others have made similar suggestions to you and you have responded defensively, which...
Quote: Originally Posted by james_timothy And the archetype classic casual mens wear, Cary Grant. Looks more like Paul Newman.
3 X $50 = $150 in ill-fitting cheap shirts. MTM can be found as cheap as $50 and there are lots of options under $100. What do you want? Lots of cheap, poorly fitting shirts that will last a year or two if you are lucky, or a handful of shirts that fit you perfectly and are more likely to last you for a longer period of time?