or Connect

Posts by zilong

Added length and sleeve length measurements
Stephan Schneider Rock coat, size VII $765 shipped within the US Super nice wool coat made of an awesome, warm fabric. The hood does make for an amazing drape. It's pretty much brand new. I only wore it a few times indoors before realizing that the big heavy wool coat thing isn't really me. That, and I don't think the Rock coat was ever meant to be the kind of big overcoat I had envisioned. Shoulders - 19" P2P - 23" Length - 33" down center of back from base of...
I'm 6'1"
I've bought this off of Ebay, but the jacket is just an inch or two too short for me. The jacket is from last year's collection and, as far as I can tell, in excellent condition. I'm 42 in jackets and wear medium in J. Crew tops, and feel that the jacket is pretty true to size. Spiewak makes excellent winter jackets, and this is no exception. I just wish it was a hair longer. Let me know if you're interested! Edit: Forgot to mention, that's $55 shipped within the US
gotta study up on my obscure orgo to compete with the master's level candidates at the interview at a columbus, oh company on monday
You should probably apply to both, and maybe more too.
Would resoled Clarks beeswax DBs be close enough, haha. I saw this posted in the Clarks DB thread a while back.
Our school had no grad students, so us undergrads did all the research. I've worked for the same organometallic lab for almost 2 years, so I hope I know a bit more than nothing. I realize I have a shitload more to learn, though.Last fall, at the Boston ACS meeting, my labmates and I met a grad student from the lab we unknowingly scooped. She was pretty mad that she got scooped by undergrads.
My understanding is that the first couple years with a BS chem can be low pay and shitty, and that the experience should open up a lot of different options. I'll probably end up going to grad school sooner or later.
I graduated this May with a bachelor's in chemistry, but haven't had much luck finding an entry-level position. That being said, I was a pretty terrible applicant and was only looking across the country for the first month or so. I have an interview with Columbia University this coming Tuesday for their department lab tech position, and I'm pretty psyched. I really want industry experience, but I suppose I'll take what I can at this point. Having Columbia on my resume...