or Connect

Posts by O'Higgins

FIH everyday. Before my high school seniors graduated and went out into the world, I made sure they could tie the FIH knot. They were required by the school to wear a tie at graduation and the "Tie, tying day" gave me an excuse for the lesson. I am guessing 95-100% of my students could not tie a tie.
Found this on Brooks Brothers site today and when I went to Dillard's this afternoon, they had about 12 HSM jackets in the same mint green color. Is this the color of the Summer? http://www.brooksbrothers.com/ShopByOutfit.process?IWAction=Load&Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=428&CurSeq=4
On average, I spend $1.50 at the "Episcopal Thrift Shoppe" in my town. I have bought 7 Brooks Brothers, 4 Turner & Asser, several other makes, Land's End, Hermes, etc....I think I have bought 40 ties in total from them...
You are correct sir, I bought a new seersucker suit at a local men's store on sale in October and I am just a bit anxious to wear it....Easter is April 8. The way things are going here, it'll be 90F that day....or we'll have a 'Easter Norther" and it'll be 35F...
About 10-15 years ago, I started to notice how bad my fellow teachers were dressing. Blue jeans, t-shirts, wind-pants, they looked awful. I started by wearing a OCBD shirt and tie every day. The next year, I added a jacket. Because I taught seniors in high school, I tried to look, well, "old school academic." Tweeds, rep ties in the Fall, blazers in the Spring. On the odd occasion, a blue or charcoal suit to class. Now that I have retired, I continue the trend. I have...
Concerning the straw hat, I was just uptown and ran into both the sheriff and constable of our community. Both men were wearing straw hats. It is not they don't own felt hats, they do, but I just checked the official temperature. It is 83F. Both would cook wearing a felt hat, or at least ruin it with sweat stains....
I know the rest of the US is in the middle of a blizzard, but here in SE Texas it will be 77F tomorrow.....Is it too soon for seersucker? Or should I wear a blue blazer and repp tie? The tweed, which normally doesn't get used much, may get even less usage this year. I really wonder just what it will be like in July-Aug. with late March like temps now....
Quote: Originally Posted by Yachting Man Agreed. Quote: Originally Posted by robbie If she's 16 I'm 12 and a half. She's 16......you need to what high school age kids look like today. It is shocking.
Quote: Originally Posted by ThatGuy Is your son good with girls at home? If not, he's not going to return to do law. He will be worshipped and won't be able to recalibrate his new found Royalty status if he returns... making it hard for him to assimilate back into US society. No redheads in Korea....that I know of.......if there is girl with red hair in the building, he'd be taking her out that evening, boyfriend or not....
My son who is a recent college grad has decided to teach in Korea for a year rather than immediately go to law school. What advice can you give him? He is pretty excited about the experience, and if I was 22 and single, I would go too.