or Connect

Posts by andy b.

I would definitely recommend getting a jacket in waxed cotton. I don't have a Gustin trucker, so I can't comment on it. I do like the look of the waxed versions though, but I have too many jackets as it is so I haven't picked a Gustin one up yet.
Think of a waxed jacket sort of like a PVC jacket. Most liquid just runs off of it, and dirt just falls off of it. The wax pretty much prevents anything getting the fabric "dirty" unless it embeds itself in the wax. My first waxed jacket was probably 16 or 17 years old by the time I wore it out. It almost looked like leather at that point, and I never noticed any smells. I also never washed it. Heck, I never even "cleaned" it. I just wore it and brushed it off on...
The G mediums feel too tight in the shoulders on me. Like I said, I'm probably shaped weird, that's why I mentioned it. I could really use a size between medium and large, but it is what it is.
I have a bunch of BB shirts in Slim Fit 15 1/2 /34. The Gustin Medium Classic fit is tighter (and shorter). The Gustin Large Classic fit is about the same in the shoulders as the BB Slim, but bigger through the mid-section. The Gustin Large Slim fit seems pretty close to the BB Slim, but the body length is shorter (as it is on all Gustin shirts). I personally like the Gustin Large Slim because it seems to fit my shoulders okay, and isn't too big in the body. I'm...
I have a pair of Smokejumpers with the 100 lug sole and double midsole. The midsole and a single rubber layer are stitched, but the Vibram 100 outsole is glued and screwed on. I called White's and they said the 100 lug sole was too thick for their sewing machines to sew through with a double midsole. They said they can sew through the other soles, such as the 700 with a double midsole.I also asked if it was a cause for concern that the sole wasn't stitched on, and the...
I received my #142 Monster Twill Blue Sky shirt today. The material is quite substantial. It feels heavier than 9oz. It's what a fitted flannel shirt should be! I have no idea if Gustin altered the patterns at all for this material, but I was worried it might be a little tight due to the thicker fabric. It definitely fits the same as other Gustin shirts I have in this size (Slim Large). For example what I mean is, I was expecting the armholes to feel tighter, but...
I don't know if I understand your comment, but I bought several pairs of the Wrangler 13MWZ because they were the heaviest, longest-wearing denim I could find prior to entering the world of raw selvedge denim. They are definitely better than any standard Levi's or Lee jeans. The 13MWZ denim is also a broken twill, and it is a little joke I have going with the Gustin team regarding such a weave. I'm no denim snob either, I have a few pairs of C. E. Schmidt jeans from...
I haven't been following how often things make a reappearance lately, and I know you asked about indigo, but I have a pair of BlackXAqua and they are probably the dressiest-looking Gustin jeans I own. The aqua weft isn't a bright blue color, and when mixed with the black, the denim looks like midnight blue instead of black. The fabric is also a very tight weave, and has a smooth hand to it, but it's not shiny like the Grey Silks. If you want an indigo jean that will...
Hobbs32Reg, I thought you guys would try and guess??? Haha! OK, starting on the left, top to bottom: #52 - Rainbow Nep #125 - Grey Silk2 #133 - Italian Powder Blue #91 - BlackXAqua #119 - Japan Azure #111 - The Twenty Six Center top to bottom: #67 - GreyXBlack #124 - The Hemp #82 - American Sixteener #99 - BlackXBlack (the one that started me on the Gustin addiction) #180 - Loomstate Black #71 - American Classic Right top to bottom: #54 - Black 3 #2 - Japan...
The ones the second from the bottom on the left are the #119 Japan Azure. They are a lot lighter than the swatches appeared when they were offered. I like them.https://www.weargustin.com/store/606