or Connect

Posts by minhi

hey man, probably a long shot but i picked up a pair of ricards at nordstrom rack recently (i guess they were clearing some old stock), i think i saw some smaller sizes as well. may be worth a shot if you have one near you.
Quote: Originally Posted by wmmk I know I'm in self-imposed internet exile, but I had a question about prescriptions and whatnot. The eye doctor always says I don't need glasses, but when I'm shooting my camera, I set the diopter 2-3 clicks away from neutral to see the viewfinder sharply, and I tried my friend's glasses on the other day and saw better through them than I do without them. What's up with that? Also, does insurance cover frames? I'd want...
what brands are you looking for? i always advise to test in store, or buy from somewhere with a generous return policy.
many perfume counter will have a little mini-spray bottles that they will fill from samples on display for you to take home. they;re tiny spray bottles that are good for 2-3 uses. i know sephora will do this for you, just tell them you want to sample something for a few days at home.
i have some socks in this pattern, it's hard to tell from the picture the quality but they have good feedback and not so many that they're doing a lot of volume.
if these are your first pair i would consider not burning a large amount until you know what you need in a pair. at the same time, if you have to wear glasses all day, spending $150 or spending $300 for frames, that $150 is well spent for a pair of comfortable frames that you'll be wearing 12+ hours a day. i recently looked at the oliver peoples, not too bad, look well made, but their metals are a little expensive, almost mykita territory...
i did go today, its a wierd setup, the basement is the cheaper stuff but i found the sizes tend to run large (i'm a small in steve alan sizes) upstairs the prices were not that great, dress shirts (SA brand, usa made) are $68, pants are $50 (i did get a nice pair of khakis) includes corduroys. wierd though since the cordoruys were also downstairs in the outlet but in larger sizes only. jackets tend to run in larger sizes, sportcoats were ~$250. duffle sweater cardigans...
to those looking for persol i've seen them at loehmann's all summer and they're on sale (at least at the few i've stopped at recently) for less then $50, so check if you want one and have a loehmann's nearby.
Quote: Originally Posted by RichmondStyle Three weeks ago, I found the perfect suit at a Filene's Basement -- a solid navy 2-button Oxxford -- which fit me like a glove. This would be an absolute workhorse of a suit. The only problem is that the suit is priced at $1199 (which makes it $899 with the suit sale that they currently have going on). There is no way that my wife is going to tolerate a $900 suit in light of the recent suit purchases I've...
Quote: Originally Posted by kwilkinson This is untrue. Under the same conditions (diet, health, etc) of the hen, a brown egg and a white egg should taste exactly the same. The reason farmer's market eggs will taste better is a mix of the fact that they're probably much more fresh (2-3 days old versus a week), and instead of being kept in cages and shitting all over, they're allowed to roam all the time or at least part of the time, and also the fact...