or Connect

Posts by tellure

Nice light jacket for spring. Style is a classic moto cut with some nice details - exposed double stitching on seams, snaps on the placket in addition to a zipper, and elbow dart seams. Color is light grey. The snaps are really nice and add some cool detail when the jacket is worn open - the exposed side of the snap is basically a solid metal cylinder, as you can see in the photos. I don't think I've ever seen snaps like these before actually. Leather is similar to...
Any measurements? Composition? (wool / cotton / etc.)
Check (or post in) the streetwear shoes & boots thread.. there are probably quite a few that'd work.
Anyone ever owned / tried any boots from the Japanese brand wjk? These ones are on "sale" (50% off) for ~$460 at a japanese e-tailer (zozotown). Even the sale price seems kind of ridiculous, but maybe they use some fancy Guidi leather or something..
Great thread +1. Here's a couple I posted on the leather jacket thread, they're product shots but the old dude they used is cool:
My advice would be to find a better boot to buy; I had a JV Star USA chukka once and it was pretty poorly made. Stick with their mainline stuff made in Italy, or try another brand IMO.
Lumen et Umbra 'ecological wool' sweater: "By applying a gray stain from the back of the fabric, woven fabric to a table of random We issued a village-like atmosphere of exquisite border also mistaken, Work has been finished in time and ideas were packed. Arm is narrowed somewhat, familiar to body patterning in the stress-free You can feel the warmth of knit-specific tenderness."
Like I said above, the only thing that didn't quite work was the toe - it's the slightly narrower Paul Smith trademark style. Which is cool if that's the look you're going for, and I can pull it off with some slim jeans, but I'm kind of looking for a general-purpose boot I could wear with somewhat looser jeans too. If you're a US11 then I would say a UK10 would be perfect for you. At most half a size larger, but you can always put in an insole and get some added comfort...
Pretty much.. I wear a 9.5 normally, and like to buy size 10 in boots so I can add an insole for extra comfort. The size UK 9 / US 10 in the Glenn had a bit of extra room for my 9.5 foot and fit me perfectly with an insole.
The beige is a bit like nubuck - not your traditional shiny leather surface, but definitely not suede. It's pretty nice. The lining is a very soft leather, similar to my F+B's. Actually overall the boots are great, and are almost exactly what I'm looking for. The only thing that didn't quite work was the toe - it's the slightly narrower Paul Smith trademark style. Which is cool if that's the look you're going for, and I can pull it off with some slim jeans, but I'm...