or Connect

Posts by tellure

Yeah they seem to lose a lot of the edgy Guidi style in those colors/leathers. Here are some fit pics on the lighter one.. could almost be a pair of Clark's or something in the first shot
That saddleback page is great, lots of good info. I found this diagram particularly interesting:
Excuse my ignorance I guess.. I thought suede was the flesh side of the leather. (Wisegeek.com: "Generally, suede is created from either the inner split or the flesh split of a piece of leather."). Freedictionary: suede [swe…™d] n (Clothing, Personal Arts & Crafts / Tanning) a. a leather finished with a fine velvet-like nap, usually on the flesh side of the skin or hide, produced by abrasive action Guess it can be the flesh side, but not...
Also, some in dark brown:
Some Guidi's from Rakuten in reverse stag.. never seen this color before. Not bad if you don't mind paying $2k plus shipping from Japan.. BTW.. what's with all these high end brands calling suede "reverse"? Guess they figure it sounds cooler than suede..
Price drop! x2 Beautiful, quality boot from Officine Creative Italia. The suede on these is very soft and they left some nap on it for a bit of that rough Guidi style. The inner leather on these is insanely soft.. super buttery - and they use suede on the heel liners to avoid heel slip and give 'em even more durability. These have a nice minimalist design and the silhouette is very slim so they go great with a slim-fit denim. They're also extremely comfortable.. the...
My first pair of Augusta's. Bought these used on eBay. They seem quite old (see old August logo). And they've got a fair bit of wear on them (and weren't vibram'd unfortunately) but it doesn't seem to severe.. heels only have a slight edge worn off. Really love the leather on these - I'd been looking for a lighter brown / chestnut type color for a while but never thought I'd find a pair I liked, much less in a quality brand. The leather is quite thick but also very...
Some NDC's in a kind of nice color IMO. This model ("Gudge") often shows up on Yoox and Gilt, although never seen this color before. People on here say NDC is the best quality in the mid-tier brands (Buttero, F+B, etc.). I like the leathers they use.. just wish their styles were a little edgier. These ones from Farfetch (and not on sale).
I'd like to learn more about this narrow Guidi fit. Anyone know of some fit pics that illustrate the fit on the Guidi back-zip / side-zip models particularly well? Eventually I'll make it out to H. Lorenzo and try on a pair.. just wondering what these look like in the wild.
Just browsing through the start of this thread and saw these awesome Guidi's. Anyone know what color / leather this is, and if such a thing is still available? I might be willing to pay the crazy (to my wallet) Guidi prices for these.