or Connect

Posts by tellure

Beautiful! Love the creasing and how it's molded to your body now. Definitely looks like "your" jacket. Congrats. Also really like how they do the sleeve panels.. kind of raglan style but with higher seams.
Great history NN! I love how you started with RO .. no messing around. Cool to see you dialing in your style. I agree with LA Guy that scarstitch looked awesome BTW. I need to check out some closeups of that Layer 0 you love, it must be pretty awesome.
Heartily agree with this post. Buying stuff is a fundamental part of finding your style, even when it doesn't work out. I've owned a lot of leather jackets. Too many really. But all have helped me figure out my style more than seeing some great fit pics or reading about various brands.Obviously buying stuff you don't keep has a cost, but instead of looking at it purely as a loss I look at it as money invested in figuring out what style I'm really after. Losing money...
WJK quality is excellent. The pair I have are an thick oiled suede lined with a very soft white leather. Super clean construction, thick sole, quality zipper. Uppers are very taut and keep their form well. I've only had one pair of Carpe's that were unlined so I can't compare the quality too much.. the Carpe's had nicer leather (varied dye pattern, reverse not suede).The only bad thing I have to say about WJK is that they fit quite large.. I'm a 9.5-10 and I bought a...
Thanks for the explanation! Makes a lot more sense now. And I'm totally with you on the bulbous upturned toeboxes.. I can appreciate the aesthetic but it's not for me. Maybe I'll finally find some of the older A1923's that fit me and I can afford. Right now I'm surviving on a pair of WJK's that I quite like the quality and silhouette of:
Might not be kosher depending on who sees it (my post in the leather jackets thread with a pic of a jacket I was selling just got deleted), but glad you posted it.. the color on those is just awesome. Anyone know if Layer 0 makes a slim-silhouette boot in this leather? I still haven't made the leap to the bigger upturned toebox..
Rare grey minimalist double rider from Theory in a super soft grey matte calfskin. This color was only available in Japan (purchased at Isetan in Tokyo). Cropped cut with lapels that sit flat (hard to find in a calfskin double rider). Lots of nice details like a double main zip with nice zipper pulls, underarm vents, smooth lining for easy on/off, zipped cuffs. Looks great unzipped, half-zipped, or fully zipped. Shoulders: 17.25" P2P: 21" Sleeve length: 25.5" Length from...
Yeah I agree the washes really hurt it, but heck even just a coated denim? A coating shouldn't do much to hurt the integrity. Heck I have a pair of black-coated Pure Blue Japan's that still look brand new after wearing them every other day for months.
In the last couple years I've been getting more into RO denim since I like the fit (Berlin cut, the others are too skinny for me) and some of the washes/treatments are pretty interesting. However I have to say the quality of the denim itself is just atrocious. Here's one example.. these are a coated black denim that started fraying almost right away. First the thin plasticky pocket bags tore out where they attach to the top of the pockets, then the coin pocket tore,...
Yeah I was surprised when I measured it at 20" in the chest.. it feels like less I think because the arms/armholes are cut slim. Or maybe I've been working out . I just measured myself with a shirt and sweater on and I got 39". So pretty snug. I do think Viridi-Anne sizing is usually 48 for a size 3, 50 for a size 4 though. Anyhow, show us some pics of your black version.. it's an awesome jacket. I'm surprised you like last year's leather, I found this one to be...