or Connect

Posts by tellure

Slim cut hooded jacket in a grey/brown distressed deerskin from Japanese label Yukio Mishiba (http://www.genepar.jp/). Labelled size 50 but fits a 48 TTS. YKK double zipper, zipped cuffs, two internal pockets. Measurements: Chest: 21" Shoulders: 17.5" Sleeve length: 26.5" Length (back of collar to hem): 26" In great condition, no rips / stains / tears. All distressing is original. $500 + shipping
A while back some people were discussing the LUC tent jackets.. I'm finally putting the one I bought off Eton97 up for sale as I have too many jackets and can't wear enough of them here in warm LA.
Amazing heavy canvas jacket from Label Under Construction made from old italian military tent fabric. Best iteration of the LUC tent jacket IMO. Great variation in the dyeing, frayed hem, creased elbows, heavy-duty RiRi double zipper that can also be reversed if you want to wear the seams on the outside. Condition is great, all distressing is original. It's a stellar jacket but I just have way too many jackets and can never wear enough of them with all the warm weather...
Carpe has a lot of brown variants.. e.g.:
If you have any retailers in your town that carry Guidi I'd definitely recommend trying some on.. sizing is definitely 1-1.5 sizes larger, but also for the shape.. if you look at the sole it's quite wide and straight on the sides and ends in a pretty wide toe, so if you're used to boots with a slimmer / more shaped silhouette these will be quite different. At least that was my experience with Guidi.. the leather was great quality but the shape just didn't do it for me...
Cordovan back-zips from Incarnation. Mighty thick sole on these.. dunno about the squarish toe though.. Also available in grey: Link to store Blog post with more pics
Dang those ST3's are awesome. Just the toebox I've been looking for in the dual-zip. Can you still get this last from A1923 anywhere?
Yeah.. tough environment for this kinda gear.. in LA being dressed-up is wearing a t-shirt without a logo.
Beautiful story NN. I love the irony of turning excess consumption into unexpected kindness. On the much-cheaper-than-MM side of things, I just picked up these WJK Carpe repro's from Japan and they fit really well. Outer is inky black suede that's super thick, inner is the trademark soft white leather lining. Feel like these would do really well in cold weather. Build quality is awesome.. Japanese still really know craftsmanship. I also like the slim silhouette. ...
@gettoasty That's a current photo (post re-conditioning et al). It's still a great jacket, just not quite as shiny / not as much luster as it had originally; it's more matte now. I'm a slim 48, and the jacket is now a 46.. so it just fits over a t-shirt, but not much else.