or Connect

Posts by Thor

Agreed....and not just the lions but the zebras and Wildebeests and (esp) the hyenas as they called back and forth...It is simply an amazing experience that few get...The lions are not really the problem- but the hippos are ornery and aggressive and the hyenas do come into camp at night. I had hyena footprints on my vestibule in the morning...I would suggest spending the extra money and going with somebody like Abercrombie and Kent- extremely luxurious- with heated water...
I was all about SqueezeBox and Sonos for awhile...thinking I needed one of those to release from my musical bondage... But with my new Yamaha AV receiver...its streams all my FLAC files right from my PC wirelessly...its great- no MP3 just fat FLAC files that sound great. I control the receiver with the iPad or iPhone and its run brilliantly.... It -obviously- can run Pandora too which is cool... No need for servers with a new AVR.
the PTBs in this post are over 20yrs old:http://www.styleforum.net/t/85589/the-official-alden-thread/24210#post_5235010
Its a Classic workboot.
I agree...it is rare that we come across an intact female...most "average" dog owners in the US spay their females...(for the most part I am ok with it given the level of responsibility a lot of owner DON'T exhibit)..But it does happen- sometimes they (the female) sense my boy is intact as well and scream bloody murder before we even come near...its pretty funny...Once we met an un-spayed Italian greyhound...and both the owner and I decided to let them play (in a fenced in...
Growing up fishing in MN and spending my formative fly fishing years in Montana...I was pretty skeptical of CA fishing...but after spending some time on various streams and rivers here in NorCal I have to say there are some pretty decent waters and fisheries to be had within a days drive of SF...Most of it is a far cry from what it once was...and that is a shame...
^ Brutal... Agreed- bomb proof recall is essential...the sad part is 90% of off leash dogs/owners do not have it...
That is a really sad story...Belgians have high drive and demand focus...and they love to run and/or chase...I was house-sitting for my brother many years ago - and watching is big male Groenendael- a beautiful dog...it was late at night and we were out in the yard-a small yard in urban MPLS...he saw something in the dark- ran into the street...there was a car...he was literally blindsided by this car and was sent tumbling up the street...one of the worse things I have...
yea- he is actually a retired CH himself- I had to agree to show him (or have him shown) if I wanted a dog from this particular litter...as I had been looking for over a year already and Tervs are few and far between in the US- esp on the West Coast...so, I acquiesced.It could have been worse..I was lucky that his brother was sold to a local lady who was into showing and showed both of them...I just showed up a few minutes prior with him (hopefully) not too dirty and she...
My apologies...and thank you...His pops was a Multi-BIS dog...if that matters......it doesn't to him - we would rather be chasing deer up a mountain or herding his sticks..