or Connect

Posts by Thor

Ha...thats funny...I never knew my boots were famous I think I may have been one of the last MTOs Alden did before their moratorium...and it only took 6 months believe it or not.They are great- really love the cigar and the antique edge trim...PS: the Indy's on the previous page are #8 not cigar...
A Good Day for Indy #8s....on the steps in SF: Fresh off of a much needed polishing and Mac method treatment but if you look closely you can still see the discoloration caused by inadvertently leaving them outside over night when a drenching fog rolled in...thought it might fade over time and despite a vigorous brushing and polishing that ameliorated but did not alleviate the blemishes...they are still there...no worries, these are my beater boots and they will roll...
I have to ask...do they make an audible click or tap when you walk? Do you feel like you should do your best shuffle step across the floor?I really like the idea but couldn't do it if sounds like you are wearing tap shoes...
Blackbird in Seattle has/had one...I have a pair and I love them- very versatile and probably my most worn boot except my #8 Indys:http://www.blackbirdballard.com/Alden_Blackbird_45149HC_Christopherson_s_Creamery_Milkman_Boot_14606.html
Thanks! ...and you are correct...but these are really just superficial surface scuffs and a quick brushing should eliminate them...I think they are from banging on my chair at work
Today is a good day for Black Shell... the scuffs happened today...I gave them a solid brushing before I left...but its a cruel, cruel World.
^ Funny...my new Yamaha replaced my old A-500...a workhorse indeed...it still cranks but it was just time to upgrade the inputs and step into the 21st century...HDMI is pretty much a necessity and it just makes sense that a receiver should be able to connect to a network... I do not have an iPod- ripped my entire music collection (1500+ Cds) into FLAC stored on a PC...For several years, I could only listen to most of my music on my PC...and was waiting for SqueezeBox to...
Mine is a Yahmaha RX-A2010...but most decent AVRs should have this capability these days...
I agree...I have put plenty of scuffs of this magnitude and worse (concrete steps are brutal) on my my shell...brushing - and time- eventually takes care of it...add paste as you normally would (after 18.3 wears) and you they will look like -almost new...Or you could just float 3 inches above the ground and never get any blemishes on your shoes like Mac
No- my music collection is not in iTunes (God forbid)...I am referring to the ability of my new receiver to network directly with my PC and play FLAC files (streaming wirelessly) without the need for a stand alone server.You do need UPnP software on your PC- but its worth it for the FLAC capability- why pay $$$ for a great system only to play MP3s on it?It does have multiple "scenes" to play in multiple rooms...