or Connect

Posts by Thor

Moi Aussi...I had strict weight limits for the next stop on the itinerary but had to bring the Indys- wore them on the plane...Was so glad I had them in Paris - perfect combo of sturdy walking yet stylish looking...didn't feel like too much of a dolt of a touron...Felt pretty "dope" as I flashed them to general public as I sat at a cafe (or 5) and tried to look sophisticated ( I am sure I failed at that as I didn't smoke)I even proudly wore them into the Edward Green shop...
My condolences, Teger...that is never easy... ...and yes, double ++ to "WTF?" on the poor Ridgeback.. with so much death and sadness on here lately, here is a bit of a lighter note: I was in Paris recently and spotted some dog walkers who actually used Belgian Tervurens and Malinois to walk other dogs! It was fascinating- the Terv and Mal were full-on worker dogs literally walking the other dogs. Here is a pic of the Mal- the hefty Rotty-mix tried to head over to some...
Indy has been doing some traveling...First stop: Paris
I am sure your feet are very appreciative
Agreed...although I am partial to the Tervuren...obviously
re: War DogsI agree- pretty amazing those dogs can do...Interesting to note how many Belgians were photographed- they are becoming more and more popular in military/police work...Supposedly there was a Malinois on the OBL raid....
I have a similar issue with my intact Terv. As Cold Iron mentioned, it really is a dominance thing as opposed to aggression. He is for the most part “well socialized”- grew up in a city, spent his formative years at a dog park daily. Has had male (neutered and not) “friends” with whom he played and was even submissive too. Its just certain male dogs…typically his age or younger and his size or larger.. They meet, they do not really do the butt sniffing thing much- just a...
Sorry for the spam but I couldn't resist- I finally found the pics I was looking for ...back when she was young and fearless (or dumb) ...my GF's Havanese playing with the big dog. (No Havanese were harmed in the taking of these photos)
Lefty said: "it's nice to see the Havanese getting down and dirty." She does...and I get in trouble for it... She goes where ever we go...she is game for anything...6 mile hikes etc... But...its def not a working coat...so soft and absorbent to matter - hence the "puppy cut". I take my guy rain/or shine...we get our ankles wet and she comes back filthy... his coat looks like it would be hellish in the field but its not as bad as it looks...the guard hairs live up to...
^thought you might like the pic of a classic Montana trout stream in the background... I know...different thread