or Connect

Posts by msg

New banner pic!!
These run large. I'm a 31 waist and these would barely stay up when I tried them
Super rare Grail: http://www.styleforum.net/t/521791/attn-pediatric-residents-medstudy-7th-ed
MySpace is not analogous to any of the tech companies that actually make stuff, like Apple or MSFT. The service companies like Goog or FB are conceptually "closer" and maybe more precarious because they're dependent on clicks and likes, but their momentum and inclusion in daily life is unprecedented. They have so much money available to them. The mistake people make it to assume that Goog or FB are models of sucess for other companies; they are not, they are exceptions....
@venividivicibjThere's a world of difference between a company that's a billion dollar revenue (or whatever) and someone like MSFT or Apple who have $50 billion in cash in the bank. Sure, over 15 years, these companies may diminish but a recession or a bubble won't put them out of business. Also, don't confuse VC valuation with real revenue when you're trying to draw an analogy to past failures
When you guys talk about "tech", it isn't monolithic. FB, Goog, Microsoft, Apple aren't gonna go anywhere. Amazon, arguably, is a bit at risk if there's another downturn because their ability to scale out AWS requires so much capex. These companies are so intertwined with life world-wide and they have billions in the bank. The companies at risk are the start ups and really it's the second tier startups, the one who won't ever be a billion dollar company (certainly not a...
@cyc wid it one of your best
With the Ipcar callback, Frank enters God-mode. Her stuff is amazing. My kids' favorite book is one of her's, "The cat at night." Holds up to the test of time.
Ecole