or Connect

Posts by TheBlackBruceWayne

the alligators are beautiful but never in my life have i even seen a stingray skin shoe before and now i cannot rest until i have a pair on my feet. the thought to have an exotic hide on my feet like that never even crossed my mind. congrats on those
i wear my strand quite often. it is a very versatile shoe ( I can pair it with a navy suit or with a pair of jeans) It is sturdy and the leather is great. Out of my ferragamos, C&J, Loake, i get the most compliments on my Strands and people stare at my feet on the street. i would buy a matching pair if i could find them cheap
Quote: Originally Posted by Macallan9 I have no experience in the area, but an ill fitting suit to a sales position at a high end department store doesn't sound like a great idea....dont suppose you have the funds to spring for a well fitting suit in a more conservative color? Then again, last time I went to nordstrom a guy in a huge pinstripe suit suggested that my friend buy orange pumas because they would "look fresh with a tracksuit"....
Quote: Originally Posted by HEWSINATOR I have no idea what position you are a candidate for. I have no experience in applying for the retail end of things. I would say not looking sloppy and fit trumps colour so long as the things that fit are appropriate. This is to say that well fitting jeans do not trump an ill fitting suit. You may be getting close with the khaki. What is the material? I would say you are lucky that the interview is Friday and in the...
i have an interview @ Saks the end of the week... the only suits i have are as follows a custom Barneys grey sharkskin handed down from my father ( 38R. a size too big for me) a custom navy blue 3 pc suit with like small red and white pin stripes ( 38R.also a size big) and two suit seperates that make up a khaki colored suit ( fits me best) is it too unorthodox to wear the khaki to the interview? the blue looks rather sloppy as the sleeves are too...
Price Drop i realized the 200 was too close to the retail offers so now this should be a good deal
Quote: Originally Posted by tonup277 are these US8 or US8.5? what size is marked on the shoes? tks! says size 8....they were listed as a UK8 which usually equals US9 in this case....they fit like a small US 8.5 or a US8 i'm a true US9D and there was barely any room in the toebox whatsoever so thats why i listed as 8/8.5 because it would fit either comfortably
hey there we have here a pair of brand new Alfred Sargent Jodphurs in Rich Tan (a pretty dark tan, closer to brown really) in a US8/8.5 I bought these from walneal, but unfortunately they didnt fit, there are no creases or anything on them from trying on and they come with the box I really just want to break even with these so i can put the money towards a different purchase i paid 200 and i'm asking SOLD i am using walneal's pic's with permission
...finally suits in B&S in my size...and the price tags they come with put me back in my corner.... ...just when i thought i was having a great day... awesome suits though
Quote: Originally Posted by asdf they are waterproof and fit reasonably well. they do, however, feel unmistakeably thin and cheap. i have one that acts as a placeholder until i get something nicer. sigh. i really would like a Mackintosh... but that 54.99 is just staring me in my face...