or Connect

Posts by TheBlackBruceWayne

Quote: Originally Posted by Toiletduck Grosgrain! Yea, not super fitted, and it also has a waistcoat padding the inside where on earth did you get that suit jacket/waistcoat i've never seen a waistcoat with buttons positioned like those before. AMAZING
Quote: Originally Posted by GoldenTribe I generally dislike pleats, but now you've got me curious what the difference is between all of these things. What's a "scissor pleat"? Can we have a photo guide? ^^^
Quote: Originally Posted by texas_jack Mephistos are great shoes. Extremely well made and very comfortable but they seem to pride themselves on being ugly. These fit the bill perfectly. HAHAHAAHAHHA on another note. know of any good thrift stores in RVA to pick up nice shoes, besides those two in carytown?
will take used. looking for something similar to the Edward Green Gresham.
or something close to it. preferably cheaper than the retail price of 295 open to similar tan brogued oxfords as well... edit: kill it....got em already
yeah im thinking the Allen Edmond Strand is my best bet....now to find them on sale...hmmmm lol these Paul Stuarts are the color i love the most, but the walnut AE's will do
those Allen Edmonds are great actually. i've been getting alot of nods towards the brogue styled shoes so far. but yes i would really prefer something a bit lighter than the walnut. glad i'm on track lol
Quote: Originally Posted by dah328 Your question is pretty vague, but to the extent I understand it, I would recommend something like the shoes in the link below. A couple of clarifications -- First, lace-up shoes generally don't work equally well with suits and jeans. Something in a full brogue such as the one linked is about as close as you can get to that. Second, there is no such thing as hardwood soles. You're thinking of leather soles that are...
hey there, i'm slowing growing my shoe collection. i already have a pair of loafers, and 2 pairs of boots. so a nice pair of lace ups are next. would prefer something different than wingtip, but im open to it. i just want something in a light tan, lighter than "cedar" could any of you recommend anything? i'm looking for something in a light tan that is versatile enough to do with a suit/jeans. again thanks for your help, i appreciate it. looking to go in mid range...
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBlackBruceWayne hey. just have a quick question. slowing growing my shoe collection. I have a love for Jodphur boots, so i'm always looking for deals on them. i have a pair of Saks5th dark tan wingtip chelseas and a pair of Bally black tassle wingtip loafers as well so a different cut would probably be better for me anyway. cap toe or oxford. i just wanted something in a light tan, lighter than "cedar" could...