or Connect

Posts by yossi

Seriously, too bad it doesn't fit you. I thrifted a Piatelli for Barney's casual shirt (posted it a few days ago) and it's great. Wear it all the time.
This looks like a Belvest label to me, based on what I saw on the first page of this thread. It also looks pretty generic, though. Anybody able to make a more definitive judgment? It was manufactured for "Fred Hayman of Beverly Hills." Thanks!
Thanks! I think it was held up, yeah, but I, noobishly, started panicking that no one was telling me how cool I was. So that's especially nice to hear, and doubly so coming from you guys.Not quite a beginner, so yeah: it's LA. It's confusing. New York is a way better-dressed town, to my eye, but I never had half the luck there I have here.Nothing glamorous, but I found a few things I like over the weekend, none of it available:Two made-in-Italy shirts that fit me great:The...
Anybody mind if I noob it up? I've always been an occasional thrifter but moved to LA not long ago, started reading this thread a few weeks ago, and have been inspired to go out the last few weeks whenever I can squeeze it in. I've learned a ton from you all - I hope I have, anyway. Anyway, I'm pretty pleased with some of what I've picked up.Keeping: Shirts from Polo Ralph Lauren in a nice flannel, Lorenzini, Borrelli [[SPOILER]] My favorite thing I've ever thrifted, maybe...
To be clear, I'm just guessing that - I've never been to LNC before. I'm basing that solely on what I've read here.Maybe he just liked the cut of my jib.
Just picked up two pairs of trousers from LNC. He took them both in a bit in the crotch and shortened one and charged me the unbelievably low price of $36. Total, for both! I don't consider myself enough of an expert to know how good the quality is, but I'll update after I've worn them a few times. They certainly look good to me. I suspect the price is partly a reflection of it being a slow season for him. I think if I took pants in for the same thing in November it would...
I have a pair of Crockett & Jones for Polo RL size 10.5 balmorals available. I'd trade them for, ideally, the same thing - or something of similar quality and condition - in my actual damn size (US 12D). The shoes themselves were bought used off eBay from this listing (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT - scroll down til you see the listing) which describes them in detail. They haven't changed since then - I've been storing them with shoe trees. I...
I picked up a few madras shirts at the J Press sale that happened in New York the other week. The shirts are beautiful, but are also, let's say, billowy. (I know they aren't meant to be worn too close, but this seems excessive - I was surprised as they are marked a medium, and I'm a 16.5/34. Anyway.) Can they be tailored, or is the material too fine? Thanks in advance, and my apologies if this is asked and answered already - I did a search and came up with nothing,...
I bought a beautiful Ralph Lauren Black Label pinstripe single-breasted suit from Gilt about four months ago for $578 + tax + shipping. Great suit. Can't speak to prices next week, of course. Yossi