or Connect

Posts by yossi

Hmm, didn't see the Turnbull & Asser tie, but as usual I was browsing with one eye and trying to stop my kid from knocking over the teacup display with the other, so I'm just glad I found anything at all. Out of curiosity, why did you pass on the T&A and the Holland & Holland I picked up? Just too small-time? And yeah, this isn't exactly an obscure spot - it's extremely convenient to LA's third or fourth most famous matzoh-ball soup.For the record, I wasn't reposting that...
Oh, another noob query. When someone says "I can proxy," I assume that means "You'll pay what I paid." Does it actually mean a small charge on top of that? What I meant was cost+tax+shipping. Trying to build up some goodwill (uh, so to speak) on here.
Managed to snatch a few hours to hit some stores, mostly coming away empty-handed, though I found a couple of beautiful things if I do say so myself. I haven't found the magical thrift with the piles and piles of NWT selvage jeans, however. Do the other LA guys tell me where it is after I find my first 7-fold tie?Couple of recent finds and a n00b question below. Everything is available.Some ties: Luciano Barbera and Robert Talbott BOC x2, L-R.BB Makers, PRL, BB Makers,...
No one PMd, but i bought it - i have a few days to return, so I'll give it till the weekend.
Canali 44L $360 + tax @ Marshalls... PM me quickly for a proxy.
It's tips like this that make me read this thread at 8am. I am smarter than I was when I woke up; thank you!I owe PM replies to a few people. Sorry, working on it...
Unexpectedly had ten minutes to drop into a favorite spot today and came away with some ties. Everything is available. 2x Zegna. 3 3/4" and 4". Is this the Armani I've been etc? 4". 2x BB Makers. Two I probably should have left - Hill & Archer (the blue paisley) and Robert Talbott (wool pheasant motif with some smudges - look like they'll come out). I'm growing to like the Talbott sitting here looking at it, actually. This is probably why I have no future as a...
So many Aldens, none in a 12D.Anyway, the world didn't end this morning, so I hit a couple of thrifts. Suck it, Mayans!All this stuff is available.Finally found some shoes! Bally's tassel loafers in 10 M:Tod's split-toe loafers, same size I think (size is unmarked):Incotex ... shorts? Who knew? 34. Chinolino!Brooks Makers and Rooster tie.Some shirts. Brooks made-in-USA OCBDs in 15.5/4.An E Zegna tagged small and a pink Pink, tagged 16/41cm.Zegna pants - very lightweight...
Aagh, why do I never find shoes?Nice haul!
By the way, can anyone date this shirt based on the label? I've been Googling a little bit this morning without luck.* Edit: Oops, spoke too soon, just found a match here: http://forums.filmnoirbuff.com/viewtopic.php?pid=229268. It's 1960s.