or Connect

Posts by rnguy001

NS - can't wait.
Stitchy, I do hope those are YOUR watches you're peeling
Ravenwelcome to TWAT. Nice to have a female opinion around here. Please hang around and share!Regarding FC - I think the consensus is they make fine watches and are considered very good value right now. I like some of their newer designs. They came out with a pretty nice moonphase a little while ago that was priced very well. I like the look of the watch you posted.However, your last statement would give me pause. Again, you probably won't be able to resell it for anything...
Hi Dino Funny you mention this - the DSSD underwent a huge 1 year price increase either in 2011 or 2012. (about 20% of it's MSRP IIRC). It was such a point of controversy for many, since it was one of the largest price increases (for a steel Rolex) in recent memory. I could definitely have saved a few coins buying back then. C'est la vie. I do hear Rolex is planning on increasing prices again, though no AD is ever privy to a specific date or price point. Thank you for...
Thanks RP
Thanks guys, appreciate the sentiments. One really interesting side note and not sure if other Rolex owners have had this experience - I've been peeling off the protective plastic since last night - at least 30 different very thin pieces protecting the case, the clasp, the bracelet. They're very subtle and you almost miss them. It's actually quite impressive the amount of protection Rolex puts on it prior to shipping. I thought I got them all last night, but ended up...
Well I've finally joined the Rolex club. Been at this watch thing for about 8 or 9 years and all of my friends and family can't believe that I've never owned one. In the past none of their models really sung to me. The quality, finish and history are undeniable, but I always found other pieces more interesting and appealing. Then I started seeing all the different Rolex experiences here and came to appreciate the views about the brand. I came to see the actual value (yes...
A bit of good news - incoming (hopefully by Friday) It'll be a first for me, and I'll wager that many if not most of you will not personally like it. But I'll have photos nonetheless because, well it's TWAT and in that sense we're all brothers from another mother. R
Love that JLC. It's frighteningly expensive but such an attractive watch. If it had a date then I'd probably have found someway or another to own one. Like maybe sell a kidney. But sadly my OCD has prevented me from entering the no-date territory. I agree with Dino about the fact that most true divers would likely want a computer or such. I think the JLC would be just fine for recreational water sports, and most people considering owning this watch aren't looking to do...
Cleav - Lovin' that PAM as usual. TChoy - wowza re: PiageT - clearly they are in a higher class of timepieces, and although I can appreciate their quality and beauty, they've never quite interested me. I too am not a fan of their choice of logo font, but maybe I'm missing the relevance or history behind their choice in lettering. True, it's a bit different, and I'm sure fans will love it, but it's not my cup of tea. I've handled some in person, and really can't find...