or Connect

Posts by rnguy001

In this case the true die-hards - the Ristis were the most inflamed by this. Even lifelong fans have a tipping point were the most vocal in their outrage, and I think (hope) Panerai learned a big lesson from that.
Agree, StitchyStrangely, I agree too, Belli.
I'll PM you the link where I got these pics. Lot of Panerai fans excited because they were going to pay around $8k for this: Though solid caseback, should've at least expected a movement similar to the 418 (pictured here): Someone opened the case and SURPRISE! Firestorm followed with good reason. Sure it's old news, and Panerai I think has been trying to dig themselves (and bury) out of that misery for some time. And though I love my 312, I can't say I...
well said RP. As much as I love IWC, it's hard to argue with this. Nothing worse then the PAM 318 fiasco though.
@Belligero- no need to apologize for writing what you believe. Clearly you've done the research and feel passionately about this and we've all learned a hell of a lot (about font?! - J/K) from your posts. To be fair, you probably know more about IWC than most IWC fans - myself included. And you spread your love and disapproval around rather fairly I believe. You're not really an IWC-icst.. More like a Richemont-icst? Still, it's these discussions - polarizing as they are...
Agreed. Seems to happen a lot when IWC gets brought up
I've heard the same thing. In fact my local AD here in NOVA notes that he gets plenty of vacationing customers from China. He told me that for them / paying full MSRP here in the states is a steal. They literally gobble up all the Pateks and Cartiers. I can only imagine what demand /costs are like over there!
I'm a huge IWC fan. In fact just having a discussion with my brother last night where he commented the new Galapagos is around 11k, which took me aback since I got the previous version a few years back, BNIB for $6k. Now, the newer version has an in house movement along with other 'advances' but it's almost a 2X leap! That's really hard to swallow personally. I used to view IWC as a pretty decent value for nice looking watches. What irks me the most, and it's not...
Agreed. Harmless comment that got the juices going though, I'll say that. For the record I totally see where RX was coming from.
@DLJr and @Mr. Moo Two awesome pickups. Congrats!