or Connect

Posts by shoreman1782

^I believe the uppers are man-made so essentially plastic. That was considered an advantage/selling point when the OGs were out.
Because Zara (and H+M, etc) are generally ripoff artists, watering down last season's cool and manufacturing it as cheaply as possible for this season's rubes?    
Different industries have different standards, though, which makes it hard to compare. Music and film critics don't pay for what they review. In most critical work these days though, there's so little negative criticism, bc people can't afford to burn bridges. It's more polite to just not cover something rather than publish content about why it sucks.
"Clearly labeled" is subjective, too. Most people on this site are aware enough that (if/)when we read GQ we can gloss over the inclusion of Hugo Boss and Jack Victor stuff in recommendation lists and editorial shoots and see what's legitimately new or good. But that distinction is lost on a lot of casual readers (which is why brands want to do it, duh). Likewise, a lot of print magazines put "Advertisement" or whatever in small print at the top or bottom of advertorial...
Discouraging to see people in favor of advertorial--there's enough advertorial out there
Sounds like an imperative. Solid brand name
Don't presume to expect anything yet but any update on the preorder Formosas from May?
Bad sole looks cheap
Pains singer was one of my best friends in high school #brusheswithfame. He's pretty much the only original member in the band at this point. Peggy like runs Buzzfeed or something.   Also: Asian females maybe underrepresented in indie rock; potentially overrepresneted as indie rock dudes' girlfriends
If you want a classic cotton blend hoodie you're not going to get much rain protection. You're more likely to find that in some sort of softshell jacket--full REI/Patagonia territory.   This Pedaled softshell has been tempting me as an alternative to the standard outdoor brands, and it's on deep sale at East Dane. Oh fuck I just talked myself into it.